Need energy foods!!

Options
hailie08
hailie08 Posts: 87 Member
I'm always tired, no matter how much or how little sleep I get. Anyone know of any high energy diets? Any foods that help increase energy??

Thanks!

Replies

• lorac321
    lorac321 Posts: 627 Member
    Options
    Apples - but you might want to get out of the "diet" mindset.
  • hailie08
    Options
    Diets the wrong word I suppose. I'm not even looking at all this to even lose weight, even though that will be great, but it's time I get healthy!

Would applesauce count? I have mouth issues where I cant bite hard foods like apples haha

THanks!
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I would start with a smaller deficit myself.
  • Hattiejean
    Hattiejean Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh when I read this I thought "That's me!" Well that was me. I can tell you what I did, this might have just worked for me but there might be something you can glean. I used to drink so much caffeine...2 cups of coffee in the morning, a lot of diet soda etc. I really cut down on caffeine significantly. I might have a glass of tea each day and that is it. I also upped my water intake, this seemed to help me to feel less sluggish and helped me to make better food choices. I take a vitamin B supplement each day. Gosh I can't think of what else. I had to make myself stop taking naps at the end of each day...they were just killing me. Hmmm...not sure what else. I am anxious to hear what others say.
  • hailie08
    Options
    What do you mean by starting with a smaller deficit?
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What do you mean by starting with a smaller deficit?

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390144-what-is-a-calorie-deficit

So if you are on, say, a 1000 calorie/day deficit currently, a 500 calorie deficit would be smaller.