P90x question

Options
just curious how many people have used P90x and if anyone has seen results that are even close to what the infomercial shows. i dont' expect to get ridiculously musculer like some of the people on the infomercials but it'd be nice to here feedback from people that have actually used it. like most people, i'm trying to pack on muscle and lose fat so that the muscle is more visible. just curious what anyone's thoughts on it are.

227069.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Replies

• muimuimui
    muimuimui Posts: 113
    Options
    haha, expect ghani to stop by this thread if she sees it ; D.

I'm in the process of receiving p90x right now. I'm excited to try the workouts.
    Even if I don't burn or don't see the results as much as I'd like, I know their workouts are a great challenge.
  • sandy429
    sandy429 Posts: 2,779 Member
    Options
    I've been using P90X for over a year & love it. I recently had my body fat measured by a top kineseologist, and it's down in the single digits.

P90X will work if you do. If you follow the Nutrition Plan, show up every day for the workouts, and give it your all, you will see results.
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    P90X is the real deal. I've gotten great results from it.
  • jamiesbeach
    Options
    As a personal trainer I can contest in P90X. It's the real deal. Make sure your starting from a fit stage, and not totally out of shape or you will just injure yourself
  • BR1986FB
    BR1986FB Posts: 1,515 Member
    Options
    Make sure your starting from a fit stage, and not totally out of shape or you will just injure yourself

Disagree to a certain extent. If someone is morbidly obese they aren't going to want to start with this program but people who aren't in great shape can modify it.

I've trained pretty intensely with weights for 25+ years and starting the program at 288 lbs & 34% bodyfat I was hardly "in shape."

Ideally someone would want to be in pretty good shape to start this but it's not a necessity.
  • jawolfe
    jawolfe Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I'm on day 52 and loving it! I didn't have a lot of fat to lose so my lbs haven't changed much. But there is definately a change in muscle tone and strength for me. I also know at least 6 people close to me who are doing it and are seeing results. Really, if you put yourself into it, it will be impossible not to have benefits!! I strongly recommend it! Good luck!
  • kimgibbons
    kimgibbons Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else here. If you stick to tyhe program (especially the nutrition plan) you will definately see dramatic results. Plus I think it will make you learn to LOVE exercise and being healthy!! Best of luck to you on your P90x journey.
    BTW...if you need more support for P90x you could go to the beachbody.com website. the message boards there are awesome!