Artificial sweetener bloat

Options
ALH1981
ALH1981 Posts: 538 Member
Does any one experience this? I know i have to give it up altogether but at the moment i'm in pain - is there a simple and quick remedy to give some relief! I look pregant!

Replies

• ALH1981
    Options
    And it was only from diet SNAPPLE!
  • ALH1981
    Options
    ?
  • HiKaren
    HiKaren Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    Maybe its done this to me too. I'm not sure.... I'm prescribed anti-inflamatorys. For arthritis, FM, and I wonder if this fake sugar packets have something to do with my pain. I haven't had any snapples like forever... But yesterday I did have most of a can of cherry coke zero. Its not everyday I have diet soda or drinks other than water. But yesterday I had coconut juice, diet soda, and my lunch had beef that was salty... (on a salad) And I darn bloated today, thats for sure. It sucks. At least your narrowing it down to knowing It can be the sweetner in the snapple. My mother in-law cannot tolerate the artifical sweetners. Neither can my husband. I use a sweet n low every morning, in my coffee... Let us know if it goes away soon.
  • ALH1981
    Options
    its definately what it is - i cant tolerate it, i know it but i had it today anwyaya!!!

i just have to stop havign them, but in the interim, i'm miserable - i just want to know if there is a short-term remedy!??? :(
  • katiegirl121
    katiegirl121 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What about trying some boiled water - I know that is what I give my children sometimes if they have an upset stomach. It can't do any harm. Good luck.:smile:
  • sabinecbauer
    sabinecbauer Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    What exactly is the the sweetener? Is it maltitol?

Because that's a sugar alcohol that's often used to sweeten juices and syrups and can cause bloating and even diarrhea.