Why? The first thing to go...

Options
Why is it when I lose weight the first thing to go is my chest? Sigh! There isn't a whole lot there to begin with! Lol. I feel like that commercial that shows the cartoon of the man and woman and they are both losing weight but in the man it disappears from his gut and in the woman her chest just shrinks. :grumble: I guess all the strenght training I am doing in my chest is at least building up muscle there. :happy: Oh well, just wanted to rant! Thanks and yes I know that breasts are made up of mostly fat.

Replies

• chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Well mine are fake after cancer and these suckers just don't shrink! The size was based off my over 200 pound body and now...I swear they are growing! Always wanted bigger ones....

We're never happy are we!:laugh:
  • LivyJo
    LivyJo Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I wish that was the first to go!!! I am so sick of them! Go Go go go! I want to be a size C cup. I am DD.
  • yessie75
    yessie75 Posts: 152
    Options
    I also wish mine would go down to a B/C. After having my daughter they grew to a D and stayed there. I always fell they are in my face :glasses:
  • erikazj
    erikazj Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I did initially lose off my breasts, but now I have also lost a back size and therefore gone up a cup. I was a 38E, now I'm about a 36F, which I think equates to roughly the same cup, but a smaller strap.

Just hang in there....once everything else slims down they'll seem bigger again, its all about proportion.

Erika
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    I wish that was the first to go!!! I am so sick of them! Go Go go go! I want to be a size C cup. I am DD.

same here!! :grumble:

they're topic of conversation everywhere you go! and its not like they're a perky, lifted, DD. thats just unheard of. :sad:

i'm hoping mine shrink, and maybe lift a little. hahaha. :laugh:

p.s. 1.2 lbs lighter this week! woot! :drinker:
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I also wish mine would go down to a B/C. After having my daughter they grew to a D and stayed there. I always fell they are in my face :glasses:

stick with a c, im a b and im really small. most women don't know their proper bra size. i thought for years i was an a. but for fun i tried on a b, and my bras and the boost and support they give have never been more suppurb!
  • LeanLioness
    LeanLioness Posts: 1,091 Member
    Options

Here Here..........I asked my Dr why mine only shrink to a point and he told me it is because I have a lot of breast tissue and not as much fat............that also contributes them to being extra heavy too.

I really, really want to get a breast reduction!!!
  • pkgirrl
    pkgirrl Posts: 587
    Options
    Ill take your extra cleavage, if you all have some to spare? :laugh:
    I'm barely a B to begin with, and they're definitely shrinking lol
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    I love by breasts. They're big (34E last I checked) so they can be a pain. I just wish they were perkier. Damn, those playboy bunnies setting the perky bar so high (pun intended :tongue: )
  • smg1010
    smg1010 Posts: 21
    Options
    i am so perplexed that after losing 22 pounds my chest hasn't changed one ounce, well i've had to buy new bras but only for a different band size, not cup size
    i'm definitely starting to think they're a little big for me now, especially since i want to lose 20 more pounds- but of course my boyfriend disagrees lol
  • faythe
    faythe Posts: 245
    Options
    Ugh, my boobs will never leave me! They've been DD no matter what my weight (and it's fluctuated about 50 pounds) for the past 6 years!
  • silmor
    silmor Posts: 12
    Options
    :blushing: Well, i can tell i am losing some, but i was a DD since jr high school and now i fit in a 38 DDD and hoping to go down.....i lose my butt and i don't even have any!!!! i want butt implants...LOL
  • JoyousMaximus
    JoyousMaximus Posts: 9,285 Member
    Options
    i am so perplexed that after losing 22 pounds my chest hasn't changed one ounce, well i've had to buy new bras but only for a different band size, not cup size
    i'm definitely starting to think they're a little big for me now, especially since i want to lose 20 more pounds- but of course my boyfriend disagrees lol

If the cup is staying the same while your band is getting smaller, then your actual breast has gotten smaller also. The cup of a 44D is larger than the cup of a 32D. That's why when you hear about people getting fitted for bras they generally move (as an example) from a 36B to a 34C rather than a 36B to a 34B. So you are getting a little smaller! :flowerforyou:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options

Here Here..........I asked my Dr why mine only shrink to a point and he told me it is because I have a lot of breast tissue and not as much fat............that also contributes them to being extra heavy too.

I really, really want to get a breast reduction!!!

I had one....MAN am I glad! I told my Dr. to go as small as he could for my frame, and most people still think I have big boobs. The best part is the lift you get with it! I'm think of having another lift when I'm done with my weight loss....well, that is if I win the lottery or accidently rob a bank. :tongue: :laugh:
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    I've always been grateful that I didn't get the family "Personius boobs" like my grandma and aunts had - they had to be 38FFF's or something outrageous like that!:laugh: My sister got them - she was a 38DD and was looking at reduction before they found cancer this spring. She's getting a reduction on the remaining one when they do the post-mastectomy implant later this year. Insurance will pay for all of it because it's not considered cosmetic because of the cancer.

I'm a 36B, and they haven't changed at all thru the yo-yo'ing I've done in the past few years. Now if I could only get the belly to go away............
  • lettuceb
    lettuceb Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Glad to see all the different responses. :smile: I am a B and have always been small, only when pregnant and breast feeding did they ever get a decent size and that is when the rest of you is larger too and you don't want anyone touching them! I have friends that have had reductions and I can say that it made a huge difference with their back pain so I feel for all of you that have to contend with that. I do like the fact that they don't bother me when I exercise but would still like to be a little larger :bigsmile: I guess we always want what we can't have and I should be thankful I have them!:happy: