Polar Ft7 VS. Others? Polar FT4?

Options
lukeout007
lukeout007 Posts: 1,247 Member
I know that there are a lot of Polar HRM users here. I'm thinking of purchasing one (finally). The FT7 seems to be the most popular but I've heard about the FT4 and a few others. Can anyone tell me the main differences and the benefits of each? Looks like the FT4 is slightly cheaper but not by a lot...

Any other recommended HRM's (Polar or not) would be appreciated as well. I'm looking to spend less than $100.

Replies

• qkiley
    qkiley Posts: 65
    Options
    I don't really know the differences between the FT4 and FT7. I have the FT7 and it has been great. One of the best tools I have used for fitness.
  • Miss♥Ivi
    Miss♥Ivi Posts: 461
    Options
    I bought the FT7 last week and I haven't wanted to take it off :laugh:

http://www.polarusa.com/us-en/products/compare?product1=23350

I went with the FT7 because it had the best reviews and because well, it was red. :tongue: But in regards to what they do, that link should specify what their differences are.
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I know that there are a lot of Polar HRM users here. I'm thinking of purchasing one (finally). The FT7 seems to be the most popular but I've heard about the FT4 and a few others. Can anyone tell me the main differences and the benefits of each? Looks like the FT4 is slightly cheaper but not by a lot...

Any other recommended HRM's (Polar or not) would be appreciated as well. I'm looking to spend less than $100.

I like the FT7, but it has waaaaay more features and functions than I will ever need. FT4 still has everything you need and then some, but would be far less complicated to operate, I think. I've been doing alot of research lately because I'm hoping to have enough tax return money after paying some bills to finally get a HRM. I plan to go for the FT4.
  • PeaceLoveVeggies
    PeaceLoveVeggies Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    FT4 still has everything you need and then some, but would be far less complicated to operate, I think.

This. I love how easy it is to use. I adore my FT4!
  • erinw1011
    erinw1011 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I don't know the difference by I have an FT4 and I think it's great. I don't need it to do anything fancy, just the calories burned. I got mine on Amazon for $70 including shipping and taxes because it's the ugly bronze color!
  • _HeathBar_
    _HeathBar_ Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I went with the FT4 over the FT7 because it was cheaper and still did the functions I wanted. All I was looking for was something that monitored my HR in real time and calculated calories burned (accurately). When I was going research for my HRM, Polar seemed to be the most reputable when it came to their calorie count estimation, which is why I went with their brand.
  • FAVORED1
    FAVORED1 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Can't give a comparison for thers, but I have the FT7 series and I love it! Easy set-up and very user friendly. I'd check the reviews on others... This is how I came to purchase the FT7 the reviews alone sold me... and there were tons. BTW , it's on sale at Best Buy for $99.99.
  • nicolewalker245
    Options
    The best price I found for the F4 is at bodytronics at 61.88.

BTW in case anyone ever wondered - I called Polar - the difference between the Mens F4 and Women's F4 is color of straps. They said it is a unisex model. DOnt know if that applies to all HRM but during set up it will ask - male or female.
  • lukeout007
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if either of these (or both) include a stopwatch feature as well? My son is epileptic and we have to be able to time his seizures at a moments notice so I usually wear a watch specifically for that reason. But if one of these has a stopwatch on it as well it can just replace my normal watch.
  • lukeout007
    Options
    bump
  • thinkpositive3
    thinkpositive3 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Love my FT4. TOTALLY worth the purchase- it actually makes me work harder.

Check out bodytronics.com with the promo code of POPO. Mine came in under $60.
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    i have a 4..i love it..it gives you all the details you need, yet is simple to navigate..and i spent about $100 on it about a year ago, and the battery is still kicking :happy:
  • muzmacol
    muzmacol Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I fell in love with something yesterday, its called the FT4. Highly recomended and dead easy to use. Got mine gratis as my wife got long service rewards and kindly got it for me.
  • krisrpaz
    krisrpaz Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I think the only difference between the 4 and 7 is the number of entries that it keeps track of. I have the 4 and I love it. And it is pink. :-)
  • McKristy
    McKristy Posts: 53
    Options
    Can anyone tell me if either of these (or both) include a stopwatch feature as well? My son is epileptic and we have to be able to time his seizures at a moments notice so I usually wear a watch specifically for that reason. But if one of these has a stopwatch on it as well it can just replace my normal watch.

It times your workout but I don't think it's really a good stopwatch feature for what you're looking for.
  • jpmill79
    jpmill79 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    i have the polar ft60. purchased it from bodytronics.com love it! it tells me what zone i'm in and weather i am in weight loss mode, fat burning mode, fitness improvement. highly recommend! love it
    retails for 219 and i got it for 129 shipped to my door
  • lukeout007
    Options

Yep that drops it to like $58...I'll probably order it from there. Thanks!
  • dport7
    dport7 Posts: 123 Member
    Options

I looked for you in the owners manual of my FT7. No there is not in the FT7, at least I didn't see one.
  • lukeout007
    Options

I looked for you in the owners manual of my FT7. No there is not in the FT7, at least I didn't see one.

Thank you. It looks as if an HRM probably will not be able to replace my watch. Still a good tool.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options

Yep that drops it to like $58...I'll probably order it from there. Thanks!

I just ordered one from there. The total was $58.79.