How to become ripped?

Options
Hello Everyone. Does anyone have a work out plan for me on how to become ripped? I don't want to be big like those body builders but just ripped. Like having 6 pack and bicep cuts showing whenever you scratch your ears or something? You know what I mean? I'm 6 flat and currently at 218 lbs. Any help would be appreciated!

Replies

• Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    It requires a combination of very low body fat percentage and weight training.

Calorie deficit + weights + patience and you'll get where you want to be.
  • Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Clean dieting (low fats, sodium and sugar) and circuit training all the way!!!
  • enginerd81
    Options
    I'm kind of in the same boat - 5'11" and started at 194 lbs on Jan 13th and am down 3" off my waist and 2 belt notches in and 10lb lighter.

My goal is to make out my ab muscles when I flex - Don't need them chiseled out or anything - but the love handles and beer belly has to go!

Being a sciency-engineer type I've read TONS of different recommendations - Just finished new rules of lifting - as well as many internet stuffs. There's alot of info out there and it's been a bit overwhelming. Keep in my what works for somebody else may not work for you.

The approach I am taking is that of a body builder who is in the cutting phase of the bulk and cut cycle. I want to maintain muscle mass but get rid of fat. Plus I don't have a lot of fat to get rid of so I don't need to focus solely on fat loss. You can google bulking and cutting to find some recommendations for work out plan and diet. There's some controversy to the method (mostly the bulking part) ~ but it's what I'm doing and appears to be working.

I have my calorie goals set to 1lb weight loss per week (started at 1.5 but upped it a few weeks ago). I lift weights 4 days a week. Usually in a 3 x 8 or 3 x 6 rep set - with failure by the end of the 3rd set.

My routine is loosely based on this plan http://www.bodybuilding.com/guides/male-20to39-muscle-building/training

I usually do 15-20 min of cardio to give me some extra calories for the day (200 or so). Then the weights between 6-8 exercises.

As for eating, I always eat my calories back from working out and shoot for a 40/30/30 macro nutrient split. I also eat about every hour and half to 2 hours - just quick snacks to keep my metabolism going.

My diary should be public if you want to take a look.

Good luck!