First TOM in over a year and I am starving.....help!

Options
My son is 8 months old and I was breast feeding so I was getting the depo shot. I just started the pill last month and it is my first real TOM besides all the crazy spotting thanks to depo. I am so hungry and all I want is junk food like pizza and girl scout cookies. I have worked my butt off and lost 25 lbs since December andi don't want to ruin it now. I haven't had much energy lately either. Any tips on how to make it through this without going crazy? The last week has been terrible for me.

Replies

• mmk137
    mmk137 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    if you are hungry, then you should eat.

have a look at this link

http://healthwellness808.com/?p=1180

it has alternatives for things you may be craving.
  • hbunting86
    hbunting86 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I always find that upping iron rich foods around time of the month helps massively with fatigue...

eggs, red meat, spinach, kale.... anything rich in iron should perk you up a bit!
  • richelle67
    Options
    Have you tried skinnytaste.com The recipes on there are awesome. You actually eat real food that taste awesome. If you want pizza, eat it. If you want junk food, eat it...just remember moderation! You will succeed!
  • lisag2007
    lisag2007 Posts: 130
    Options
    I think if you want pizza....have a slice, or two....just fill the rest of your plate with veggies or salad. And two girl scout cookies never killed anyone. Have two with a tall, cold glass of skim milk....then go back to your healthy eating tomorrow. I would never survive if I never had another piece of chocolate or bowl of ice cream. In face, my dear hubby brought me home a Snickers Dark candy bar just last night....I may have to melt half of it over 1/2 cup of vanilla frozen yogurt. Don't feel guilty for having a few cravings and giving in to them....you just can't go back to the unhealthy eating 24/7. Good luck to you and hopefully next month your cravings will have subsided come this tom.
  • cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    If you are really craving things but can't fit late nights snacks into your food right now then try to go to bed (which I realise may be difficult with kids). I have found that it is really hard to be hungry when you are sleeping.
    Another alternative is you can chew gum, it helps curb cravings.

:smile: hope this helps!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    .......... apparently I have nothing to say on this.......
  • JamzPurse
    JamzPurse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Thanks ladies. This has been the first time since joining that I have been so down. I appreciate all the wonderful advice and support.
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    I must apologize for opening and commenting. When I read the header I thought you meant first TOMATO in over a year.
  • JamzPurse
    JamzPurse Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    if you are hungry, then you should eat.

have a look at this link

http://healthwellness808.com/?p=1180

it has alternatives for things you may be craving.

Awesome link. I bookmarked it on my phone under "craving saver" Thanks.