stretch marks

Options
My weight has been up and down for years.. this is the first time in 4 years i have been serious about loss weight and am making progress.. but what do i do about the ugly stretch marks, and my arm flags. What can i do to get rid of stretch marks and get rid of the fat on my upper arms.. all women should know what i am talking about..

Replies

• mollymarie83
    mollymarie83 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    GO to www.earthclinic.com I LOVE that site and it says to use extra virgin coconut oil for stretch marks. Lots of people swear by it!
  • LoveAngie23
    Options
    I read a lot of reviews on line and what I found to have the best reviews is Skinception. It is kind of pricey but they have a 90 day money back guarantee.
  • Runningirl7284
    Runningirl7284 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    Nothing will make them go away besides laser treatment (which the lasers can leave new scars) or a tummy tuck or something like that to take some of them away. I tried expensive creams such as Strivectim and spent $100, no luck! Asked the dermatologist and he said nothing makes them go away. Sad I know! So many women including myself have the same issue. They do fade over time. Mine are light silvery and show the worst in sunlight but arn't horrible otherwise but it has been years. Of course when they are fresh they are dark red/purple and are more noticable. I always hated them but I changed my whole way of thinking. I saw a mom on the beach that had Killer Ab muscles and she had a gorgeous tan and yup horrible stretchmarks all over her stomach. It didn't matter. Her body was amazing and it was beautiful. I think it is part of life and shows what we have accomplished! (having kids, loosing weight/getting fit)
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Try using Bio Oil or Palmer's for the stretch marks.

And try this site for ideas on how to get rid of the upper arm flab: http://www.livestrong.com/article/105665-exercises-reduce-female-upper-arm/

Personally I've been doing some weight lifting with dumbbells and wall push ups (still too big for "real" push ups) and I've seen a reduction in my arms and I'm finally starting to look like I have shoulders and not just slopes that lead to my arms.
  • p_barron
    p_barron Posts: 63
    Options
    If any of you women got your stretch marks from having a baby be proud "Your body is not ruined, your a goddamn tiger who has earned her stripes"
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    You can't get rid of stretch marks with a magical cream no matter what it promises. My babies gave me stretch marks. Do I love them (stretch marks, not babies, lol)? Nope! But they are a part of me now and I try to accept that. They do get smaller and fade over time, though.
  • kimikokirkland
    Options
    I think for many of us women we are disgusted by stretch marks after kids, but those are our "TIGER STRIPES" and I know I earned mine. :-) As you continue to lose, you may notice the marks become less visible. But, while you can't get rid of the marks without surgery, there are some creams out there that help with color if you have stretch marks that are deep in color.
    As for arm exercises, light hand weights and a resistance bands will help a lot. A lot of the resistance bands come with a little insert with exercises.
    I have a love had relationship with doing "kickbacks" for those "chicken wings" that I am getting rid of right now. I use 2-3lbs and I do a lot of reps.
    Good luck and CONGRATULATIONS on yoru weight loss so far!!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks never, ever go away, they may fade or lighten up a bit, but they're there for life! The only way to get rid of them on the lower abd is to have a tummy tuck.....sorry......creams, lotions, potions, do not work, you're wasting your money!
  • Cal28
    Cal28 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Coco Butter (like Palmers) might help. Its cheap and if it doesn't you'll still have nice smelling soft skin :smile:
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I've had stretch marks for a long time. I don't think they'll go away. I like to pretend they're battle scars.
  • jumpin15
    jumpin15 Posts: 30
    Options
    I don't know what you have but I think my body is the factory that produces stretch marks, I have so many everywhere arms, legs stomach, back, & butt. I don't like them and I still try to cover them when I wear my clothes. Only 3/4 length sleeves and shorts below the knee. I don't like them but this is how I live with them. When I get to my goal at least one of my dreams will of come true.
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    With stretch marks, it really just takes time. I have had two babies, and while I have never been overweight, I do have stretch marks from my pregnancies. My daughter is 6 and my son is 2. By the time I got pregnant with my son, my stretch marks were nearly gone. You can do strength training for your arms, but if you have a lot of excess skin, the only really effective option would be cosmetic surgery.
  • still_crafty
    still_crafty Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    My baby marks (like the phrasing there?) are 6 years old and are very light in color but my belly hasn't seen the light of day in almost 10 years so no idea how they might look if I had a tan in that area. Anyway, as I've lost weight they are becoming less "eye catching" but of course are still there. Lucky for me I know a wonderfully talented tattoo artist who is going to "camouflage" them for me when I reach my goal. In the meantime I'm keeping the lotion bottle on hand so that my skin stays well hydrated as my body shrinks. The last thing I want is flabby skin with stretch marks.
  • blakeman187
    Options
    You could get some tattoos. It wasn't until after I got my first tattoo work that I realized it covered the stretch marks. It was a pretty awesome bonus.