Another newbie!

Options
Hi everyone,
I just love this site! I think it will help me with my weight loss.
Has this place been helpful to any of you?
I am excited about losing this weight and being healthy again.
I just saw pictures of my self in my sis in laws wedding this past weekend and I wanted to cry! I am way too big! Yuck!
I do not want to hate how I look, but I honestly do. Now I am ready to lose it and wear pretty clothes again.
Sorry to ramble but I just need to get all that out I guess!:blushing:
My dear husband "loves me just the way I am" so he doesn't like to hear me "be down on myself", that just leaves me this online community to vent to!:sad: :smooched:
Thanks for reading!
Allie

Replies

• BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I just love this site! I think it will help me with my weight loss.
    Has this place been helpful to any of you?
    I am excited about losing this weight and being healthy again.
    I just saw pictures of my self in my sis in laws wedding this past weekend and I wanted to cry! I am way too big! Yuck!
    I do not want to hate how I look, but I honestly do. Now I am ready to lose it and wear pretty clothes again.
    Sorry to ramble but I just need to get all that out I guess!:blushing:
    My dear husband "loves me just the way I am" so he doesn't like to hear me "be down on myself", that just leaves me this online community to vent to!:sad: :smooched:
    Thanks for reading!
    Allie

Hi Allie, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :flowerforyou: This site has been VERY helpful to me, and to "TONS" of other people too! I can't say enough good about it! :love: You've DEFINITELY come to the right place! :wink:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :wink:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off! :noway:
    Don't go making the mistake that if you have LOTS of numbers left at the end of the day that you'll lose even faster, because that DOESN'T happen. Feel free to read any info about the site in the "help" section at the top of the home page. And also, under "all topics", then "general", and check out the first few threads. They'll really help you understand how MFP works. :smile:
    Before coming here, I had tried just about EVERYTHING out there, including hypnosis, TWICE, and nothing really worked until MFP! :love:
    Also, drink LOTS of water, it REALLY DOES help! :drinker:
    As for exercise, it doesn't always have to be awful. For my exercise, I walk almost every day, (weather permitting!) I also dance to a fast oldies CD that my husband made up of all my favorite old songs. (Like "Love Shack", Wild, Wild West", "Mony, Mony", "Footloose", and "Gloria")
    It's free, (unlike a gym!) fun, and I can even watch tv at the same time, so I never get bored! :happy:
    I also recently aquired the Wii Fit, and jog to that, which is a lot of fun, and easy too!
    So, to make a LONG story short, make good food choices, eat in moderation, get some exercise, and you WILL lose the weight that you want to! :smile:
  • golddogs
    golddogs Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! This site is so great. It really helps to log your food and exercise, and everyone is so nice and supportive. I also saw pictures of myself at a wedding 2 months ago and that was the deciding factor for me to make changes. Good luck to you!!
  • Stephaniejoy
    Options
    Welcome! I just joined recently too. Wish I had found this site a long time ago! I have lost 30 pounds so far...unfortunatly without this site. Ten more to go...and it is much easier now to keep on track. I also think it will be very helpful in maintaining my weight when I get to where I want to be! I like being able to view my calories taken in and burned exercising. I also hated the way I looked. Always dressing to try to hide myself. I am starting to feel more confident and for the first time in a long time I am looking forward to shopping for some new clothes! Just 10 more pounds to go....cute jeans here I come!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    Hi, Allie!!
    Yes, MFP has been a wonderful asset to me. I LOVE how easy it is to log my meals and the community here is fantastic!!! So much motivation and support!!
    You'll have a blast!! Good luck with your goals and Welcome!! :flowerforyou:
  • red5
    red5 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I am new here also. Today is my 4th day. It is a great support even if you just read the message boards it is great motivation. I am glad to hear you are here!!!:happy:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    I am new here also. Today is my 4th day. It is a great support even if you just read the message boards it is great motivation. I am glad to hear you are here!!!:happy:

Welcome to you too Red! :flowerforyou:
    It's alot better to join the posts than to just read them! Helps you get even MORE motivated I think! :happy:
  • allieP
    allieP Posts: 16
    Options
    Thank you everyone! You all sound so awesome I wish I could give you all a hug for giving me such support when I really need it.:love:
    I am on a journey to the rest of my life. No more lose and gain. I am not having anymore babies (unless God just really surprises me!!:noway: ) and so there is no reason I cannot lose this fat and be healthy from now on.
    This website and all you wonderful people will be a part of this journey. I am not going anywhere!
    Thanks again!!!
  • sineadm09
    sineadm09 Posts: 113
    Options
    welcome!