HELP

Options
I have a problem, I keep cutting out pop (pepsi) and switch to water which only lasts for about a week cause my husband will buy him some and pick me up some too.. I ask him not to but he continues to do so.. any suggestions?

Replies

• AngelsDream4Peace
    AngelsDream4Peace Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Not being mean when I say this, but don't drink it! He has a choice to buy it if he wants, you have the choice to drink it if you want. Do what is best for you
  • diana6628
    diana6628 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    My husband likes to pick me up sweets to. i know he is trying to be sweet but.... So I just kept asking him not to. Now he only does about once a month when he knows Ill have big chocolate cravings lol
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Not being mean when I say this, but don't drink it! He has a choice to buy it if he wants, you have the choice to drink it if you want. Do what is best for you
    ^^^^^^^^
    Exactly. Just simply, "No thank you." and walk away. Hopefully he'll get the hint.
  • Pebble321
    Pebble321 Posts: 6,554 Member
    Options
    Yup, don't drink it.
    If you say "thanks honey but I'll have a water this time" enough times, it might sink in that you really mean it.

Or, ask him to pick you up something else - like a sparkling mineral water - instead. This way you are getting a fancy fizzy drink but it has no cals and no sweeteners etc.
  • yarmiah
    yarmiah Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Not having it there to tempt you would be helpful, but ultimately it is up to you to make
    the decision to drink, or not drink it.

Going "cold turkey" is hard for most folks, so why not try reducing you intake and eventually
    "wean" yourself off of it? Commit to drinking water on weekdays but allow yourself 1 soda with
    dinner on the weekends?
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Tell your husband he gets a kick in the balls for every bottle of pop he brings home for you. :drinker:
  • Stormynight314
    Options
    sounds good to me
  • Stormynight314
    Options
    Its hard to break the cycle on how you were brought up about not wasting anything.. plus I work in a medical office where I hear that all the time there about people taking "goodies" home so they are not to be thrown out and wasted.. I never give in at work.. Its very hard to break the cycle
  • Silky815
    Silky815 Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Drink plenty of water. If you do not like the taste of plain water, buy crystal light and mix it in the water. I do that and it helps me. Water is too plain, so this tastes much better and is only 10 calories per packet, and whole bottle of water. Good luck to you.
  • Tammy_Arnold
    Options
    I understand how you feel. It's challenging to make the choice to say no to what you are used to drinking. I started my weightloss goals for me this time. In the past I lost weight because I wanted others to see me differently. I made the choice to do this for myself and it makes it easier to choose not to eat ice cream with my kids or eat peanuts and chips with my husband when we watch movies. But for some reason, this time it's ok for everyone else to make their food choices and I am making mine. When you are ready to say no to soda...you will and it won't bother you when others drink it.