Other runners or newbies? Add me:)

Hey, I'm new and would love some friends/adds for support! Motivating, wonderful site. I'm 25 and a runner -but my weight/exercise is plateaued and I need a change! I'm hoping to revamp my routine, lose about 10 pounds and add some strength training.
Any other new folks or more experienced posters, add me if you want. Looking for inspiration and i can already tell this site is awesome.

Replies

• SERinDC
    SERinDC Posts: 93 Member
    I'll add you! I'm training for my first half-marathon in two weeks and I also do triathlons. I've recently started adding more weight training and think it's really showing good results :)
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    I'm a newbie runner if that counts lol! Seriously though, awesome job getting on the message boards, having people for motivation is what's been great in helping me :)
  • jaymek92
    jaymek92 Posts: 309 Member
    i'll add you! i'm also in training for a half in may after not running for more than a few months!
  • xxTAMxx
    xxTAMxx Posts: 573 Member
    Just added you :happy:
  • liveXxfree
    liveXxfree Posts: 7 Member
    I'm in a similar position, and also planning to run a half-marathon this spring!
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Thanks for the adds everyone:) Glad to see so many other runners out there.
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    i'll add you! i'm also in training for a half in may after not running for more than a few months!

wow congrats! that sounds difficult but inspiring. I've never done a half but it's my goal to do one within a year.
  • you're going the right way by adding weights. the muscle you strengthen will burn more calories! I used to run, now I walk... at 47, my knees are telling me to be gentle! :noway: :laugh: