Layer of fat over my stomach!!!

Options
Okay, I can literally FEEL my abs.. but under this like inch thick layer of fat -.-
Are there any exercises that I can do? Im already going to start a 1,200 calorie or less per day, but I need some exercises!

My sailor and I have a bet of who can get the better body quicker, and the winner gets to chose where we meet up :)
I would like California (its closer to me, I can drive there and he can fly) to go surfing and check out Hollywood!

He likes Florida, he's already stationed there, but to meet up in Miami for fun :)
I really want to do this! So help please :D

Oh, and add me :)

Replies

• purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Ripped abs start in the kitchen. I wouldn't be eating such a low amount of calories.
  • antlergirl
    antlergirl Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels- 6 week 6 pack?
  • nikkilove2013
    Options
    Does Jullian Michaels work? I've always thought of trying it..
  • Myles_D23
    Myles_D23 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    1200? Essh might be too low. Starvation mode might be holding you back. If you're going to be low then adjust to at least 1400-1600. As long as you stay away from deep fried fatty food and even pop (diet too) you will start to see your results
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    P90X has a section in it called ab ripper. I'm pretty sure you can find that specific section on youtube.
  • amccrazgrl
    amccrazgrl Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    Ripped abs start in the kitchen. I wouldn't be eating such a low amount of calories.

^^^ This. The other half is genetics.

FYI : In case you don't know you can't spot reduce so doing a million crunches won't help. Lift weights it will help your metabolism and no you won't get bulky b/c you have no testosterone.
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    I have been doing Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred. I have had lost a couple of inches in my waist, about 1 1/2 off my hips and chest. I have to admit, I haven't been doing the exercises as faithly as I should have. I'm sure my results would have been better, if I did the workouts everynight like I was planning on doing.

So with this info, I would agree that the JM's 6 week 6 pack would be just what you need. Good luck in your race to fabulous. :wink:

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • nikkilove2013
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! And Ill raise my calorie intake to 1400!!!
    Ill start doing the Jullian Michaels thing once I get the DVD's...
    Thanks again and good luck to everyone!
  • Katie3784
    Katie3784 Posts: 543
    Options
    Cardio, cardio, cardio, and eat more.
  • Astrowife68
    Options
    Thank you guys so much! And Ill raise my calorie intake to 1400!!!
    Ill start doing the Jullian Michaels thing once I get the DVD's...
    Thanks again and good luck to everyone!

Just remember, you should be able to get the Jillian Michael DVD's at Wal-Mart for about $10 a piece. It wouldn't hurt to get both the 30 day shred and the 6 week 6 pack, then you can switch them up every now and then (that way you don't get burned out.) Personally, I am just finishing the 30 day shred and I think I will start it over for another month, before I begin my other JM DVD (Ripped in 30) But I am still just over 200 pounds and still quite a bit out of shape. But after I finish the Ripped in 30, I will probably get the 6 week 6 pack, to help my shirts fit just a little bit better.

14171021.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • h0t_m0m
    h0t_m0m Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Look up Jamie Eason's LiveFit Plan. She also has a fat burning plan but I don't know the name of it. Most of it definitely has to do with what you eat. And lift weights. Build more muscle and you burn more fat. I am also trying to decrease my body fat % so I can see ab definition. Cutting calories and losing the weight was the easy part (easy to say that now LOL). But I am working my butt off eating a clean diet and weight training (with some cardio). It is hard work but I can see a change and I know it will be worth it.