eating deliema

Options
No matter how much I eat. I just don't feel full. Every min I just think of food. I have no idea what to do. Any suggestion? What should I add in my diet that make me feel full? Thanks in advance.

Replies

• Focusonfifty
    Focusonfifty Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Lots and lots of fiber: wheat, bran, oatmeal, fruits, almonds, brown rice, walnuts. Also drink lots of water.
  • tim_w13
    tim_w13 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    thx grl. I am going to try that. I try to eat but guess eating healthy is not coming naturally to me. I don't eat junk but all bread and everything just doesn't make me full.
  • MountainMia
    MountainMia Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Protein, fiber and water are all helpful, but cutting down on the sugars is HUGE!!! I am way more hungry when I eat high sugary things. You may need to adjust your goal percentages for protein, carbs and fats and make sure sugar is on your "watch" list. Find what works for you. It can be done without being hungry, but the adjustment is rough. Good luck and know that I'm pulling for ya. :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Aside from the protein and fiber recommendations, I would suggest a small fast, perhaps 12 hours. After recognizing what true hunger feels like, you will be better able to understand your body when it is full. If you are constantly eating and never allowing yourself hunger, your body won't really recognize fullness either.
  • Eagleangel
    Options
    Every time you 'think' you are hungry, have a big glass of water... it usually abates the hunger because what you were feeling isn't really hunger. If your stomach is growling 15 minutes later, then you probably really are hungry! LOL...
  • wordpainter09
    wordpainter09 Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Have you tried the fiber breads? I LOVE bread and I can never quite swear off of it (nor should I, since a few healthy carbs are good for energy) but white bread and pasta never fill me up either. I'm hungry literally an hour later. I think that stuff actually makes me more hungry.
    Breads and cereals with added fiber and fruits/veggies like others are suggesting have help me finally feel full. That an about 100 grams of protein per day.
  • tim_w13
    Options
    great ideas ladies. I will definitly try the fast. If somebody have more sugession please share.

wordpainter: I love bread and use wholegrain one and recently shifted to 45 cal bread to restrain calories too because i was eating too often and it was just adding up the cals.Is fiber one is different than whole grain.
  • Kat120285
    Kat120285 Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    Coming from someone who adores carbs, the amount of food you get for the high calories isn't a lot and does not at all keep me full. You can eat so many fruits and veggies for such low calories. Just today I had a tropical health shake with coconut milk for breakfast, then the rest of the day had an assortment of fruit, V8, chobani greek yogurt, milk and I always strive for 16 glasses of water a day. Despite eating all that I did, I still had calories left over not even counting exercise cals.
  • diana6628
    diana6628 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I take fiber supplements. Doctor says they are good to take and they make you full. They make you a little bloated for the first day or two but thats it. Good Luck!
  • AmyBeth719
    AmyBeth719 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem too! I drink a lot of water but it seems to only make me have to pee! :o) I need to change something or I am going to eat my right arm off! Lol
  • Eureka175
    Eureka175 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I took a quick peek at your diary and what jumps out at me as that your sugar seems high daily, while your fibre and protein are usually low - so I would start with cutting down the sugar, and upping the protein & fibre. Good Luck!
  • tim_w13
    Options
    I just added sugar watch after this post. didn't know if. will splenda help on that or make thing worse. I have big sugar tooth.
  • Alexstrasza
    Alexstrasza Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    Cut back on carbs. If you eat too many breads, pastas, rice, you will feel hungry a lot. It's hard, like really hard. I'm a carb junkie and it takes all my willpower everyday not to gorge on carb load foods.

Protein and fiber will make you feel full. Plus the body has to work harder to digest protein and fiber which will make your metabolism work harder!
  • hklaquadra
    Options
    Artificial sweeteners will end up making your sweet cravings and hunger pangs worse. Try to avoid them...I say ditto on the above posts on the need for protein and fiber. Sliced almonds are a good way to add crunch factor to any salad. Crunch factor is one of my major needs to help me feel like I've really had something to eat.
  • russellma
    russellma Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    This probably sounds crazy, but I would make sure you're getting enough fat in your diet. Fat sends a signal to your brain to let you know you're full. Obviously, too much fat isn't good, but some good, healthy fats may be just what you need!
  • laineyluma
    laineyluma Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I would try a new hobby to get your mind off of food. :flowerforyou:
  • raevynn
    raevynn Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of veggies and fruit... right now, apples.

Any sort of sweetener will make you crave more. I tend to avoid them almost entirely (I do use stevia in my tea).

I also munch on raw nuts early in the day... really reduces later cravings.
  • eblake111
    eblake111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Black beans with dinner really helps me stay full. This way I am not tempted to snack late as my belly is full :) Plus beans are awesome for you!
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Every time you 'think' you are hungry, have a big glass of water... it usually abates the hunger because what you were feeling isn't really hunger. If your stomach is growling 15 minutes later, then you probably really are hungry! LOL...
    THIS above all things will help curb your appetite. You need to be drinking more water.