light string cheese

Options
can any one recommend a good brand. i started eating the Frigo regular string cheese and like it. i bought a pack of the frigo light string cheese but it dosnt have as much taste as the regular and has a consistency like rubber.

Replies

• ak_in_ak
    ak_in_ak Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    i love the kroger light
  • ericcumbee
    ericcumbee Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    no kroger around here sadly. all we have is a wal-mart and a harvey's.
  • p_barron
    p_barron Posts: 63
    Options
    Do you have an aldi's? Because if you do Fit and Active light string cheese is only 70cals
  • ericcumbee
    Options
    no walmart and harvey's are all we have.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    I like Sargento's Low Sodium best
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I buy Sargento Light string cheese. 50 calories each.
  • metzlerjn
    metzlerjn Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    lucerne is good and they dont use hormones in their dairy either
  • Backpackingmom
    Backpackingmom Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Sargento is good, they sell it at Sam's Club too. According to the book "6 weeks to skinny jeans" this is the one they
    recommend to eat
  • Aerohead21
    Aerohead21 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I have only had Sargento's and Frigo's, but I have heard Weight Watchers brand is good too.
  • rhce40
    rhce40 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    i really like the weight watchers string cheese, they have smoked flavor which i love! 50 cal/stick
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I just buy the regular stuff. I don't think there's a whole lot of difference between the light and regular versions. I figure I'd rather give up another 10 calories (or whatever) and have something with some taste to it than to save those few calories and eat something that resembles rubber.

That being said, I love Sargento cheese. I recently bought their colby and mozzarella sticks and they are sooo good!
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    actually the weight watchers is really good. not as hard as the regular ones and only 50 calories. available at wally world. so half the amount of cals as regular. cant taste the difference
  • annameier8706
    annameier8706 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Honestly? I just buy the regular stuff. I don't think there's a whole lot of difference between the light and regular versions. I figure I'd rather give up another 10 calories (or whatever) and have something with some taste to it than to save those few calories and eat something that resembles rubber.
    ^^^ This. I'm not a big fan of things that are "light" "reduced fat" "fat free" etc. all that usually means is more chemicals, less real stuff.
  • ericcumbee
    Options
    getting the regular stuff has crossed my mind, because i am well under on fat as is 99% of the time. and generally well under on calories as well.
  • MaryEffingPoppins
    MaryEffingPoppins Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    It's not light but 70 cals a stick Crystal Farms. I buy it at Walmart. SOOOO tasty :)
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    getting the regular stuff has crossed my mind, because i am well under on fat as is 99% of the time. and generally well under on calories as well.

Buy the stuff you like then! No need to buy the not as tasty "light" version. :)