calories for dinner...

Options
How many calories do most people leave for dinner?

I try to leave about half because I eat at the "in-laws" a couple nights a week and can't really control what we're having, but sometimes i'm really hungry during the day so I think I might not be eating enough.

Just thought I'd see what everyone else does. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I usually save between 600 and 700 calories for dinner. If I work out I get 800-1000 calories for dinner. I may be a little hungry during the afternoon before i get to the gym, but once i get there i forget about the food!

I have found though if I save too many I dont get 1200 calories and thats bad.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    How many calories do most people leave for dinner?

I try to leave about half because I eat at the "in-laws" a couple nights a week and can't really control what we're having, but sometimes i'm really hungry during the day so I think I might not be eating enough.

Just thought I'd see what everyone else does. :flowerforyou:

I try to have anywhere from 600 to 700 for supper, and still have a few hundred for a snack later on too! :wink:
    I almost always have to jog, dance, and or walk to up my numbers so that I CAN have that snack later on! :laugh:
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    about 500 or so for me (this includes a light snack or dessert) ... i try to eat a really big breakfast, medium lunch and light dinner
  • allieP
    allieP Posts: 16
    Options
    This is my first day of dieting and at 1:22 in the afternoon I only have 440 calories left for dinner!
    I am not sure what I did wrong, I thought I was doing well.......
    Oh well, I cannot be too hard on myself on my first day. Right?:wink:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    This is my first day of dieting and at 1:22 in the afternoon I only have 440 calories left for dinner!
    I am not sure what I did wrong, I thought I was doing well.......
    Oh well, I cannot be too hard on myself on my first day. Right?:wink:

That's exactly why I always recommend logging your foods FIRST! Then you'll be completely aware of your numbers, and you can "work with them" through exercise, and also maybe making better food choices. :smile:
    Try getting in some exercise, such as dancing to some fast music, walking, or even jogging in place. It'll "up" your numbers. :smile:
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I am usually in the 300 range, as it is my lightest of the 3 main meals.... (the 2 snaks are usually about 150)
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    I am usually in the 300 range, as it is my lightest of the 3 main meals.... (the 2 snaks are usually about 150)
    I'm the other way. I like more calories at night so I can avoid the snacking.
  • Valtishia
    Valtishia Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Mine is around 300 - 400 unless I worked out like mad that day then I go for the carbs since my body needs them and dinner ends up being more. I do however snack quite a bit. If its a normal day (no travelling or friends visiting) then I tend to have 3-5 snacks a day plus my 3 main meals so my main meals don't really have to be as big as some others might go for.