Haven't weighed myself in over a year

Options
I downloaded MFP on a whim I would have downloaded any calorie tracker as long as it came up in the first result for the search calorie tracker on my phone haha. But actually more than being just some app on my phone it has become a way to strap down and really take responsibility for my weight.

I had stopped weighing myself about a year ago, I was real down on myself about my weight and I've recently had some health problems I found it ironic the Dr weren't weighing me and actually would just ask my weight "250 lbs" I'd throw out there hoping it wasn't more and feeling embarrassed I don't remember what exactly prompted me to weigh myself after such a long time but I hopped on my scale with the promise that I would not judge myself or cry when I read what it said "230 lbs" hmmm... didn't seem as bad when I had stepped on thinking 250.

And for some reason just that thought that I had been thinking I had to loose 70 lbs and finding out it was only 50 seemed like a good note to start on. Besides I wasn't quite as fat as I thought! So rather than beating myself up about my weight every day I try to take myself back to that moment a lot, the relief and think of the relief I will feel when I step on the scale at 180.

I read somewhere about losing 10% of body weight to help your health. That is my first goal 23 pounds. But over all I'd like to see myself at 180 which is my high school weight. I have PCOS so it would really go a long way if I could lose some weight and get my womanly health regular lol. But over all I just want to feel healthy.

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Welcome! <3 This site is amazing and you will LOVE it! :D Feel free to add me if you'd like support! I've found that adding friends is such an amazing thing!
  • mizjohnston
    mizjohnston Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Glad you started. Everyone is very helpful and supportive here. At least you were lower then you thought, that is nice. :) Don't beat yourself up this will be amazing for you.
  • chrisja
    chrisja Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Congrats on you loss so far. I am always open to new friends so you all can add me if you wish.
  • imalikat2
    imalikat2 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard and we're so glad you're here. You'll find amazing support and lots of new friends! :flowerforyou:
  • TacosGetMeThrough
    TacosGetMeThrough Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!! I find it very welcoming here :)
  • swtgrl42
    swtgrl42 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Welcome, I am new also. This is a great site, very inspirational and supportive. Feel free to add me as a friend also.
  • Khalter1975
    Khalter1975 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I haven't wieghed myself since about last May. I am always my thinnest between May and October. Then after that everything goes down hill. Then in January I beat myself up and feel so bad about myself and start watching my weight again. It is a cycle that has happened since I can remember. Now that I am older it is getting harder to do this. This year is the hardest...I think I have gained the most weight this time and it is in different places this time! :) So my friend has convinced me to join MFP...she is my inspiration! My goal this time is to get down to wear I usually am in the summer....but stay there and be around the same weight next year so I won't feel sooooo bad about myself. I also want to continue to exercise and not stop when I achieve my goal.

Now that I have joined and I am on my fifth day...I have to convince myself to weigh in. I think it would inspire me. But I am also very afraid to see that number. I know it is bad....any suggestions??? Thank you!