New and ready to look my best at 40 something :)

Options
This app has helped me out so much this past week! Even though I've attempted before to lose the weight and failed :( this time I know its different! I recently lost a friend to a heart attack and health problems due to her weight.. and I honestly could say, I couldnt stop thinking how that could have been me or can be me! If I do not do something about it now! Being a single mother with 3 kids I have to change my eating and now! Wishing everybody lots of luck and yessss we can do it! :)

Replies

• DocNikki7
    DocNikki7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello Queen

I understand your pain. I too recently lost a friend to a lung disease. It gave me a wake up call as well considering Ive been taking meds for two years. I need to lose weight to get off all medicine. I will be your buddy and encourage you as well. I will do it also this time. I have lost 10lbs my first month with 4 last week. Take it one day at a time and you can do. I love the app.

I too am a single mother in my forties.

Kindly,
    DocNikki7
  • Jelibeen
    Jelibeen Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Just wondering since you've lost 10lbs already - anything that is "working" for you or are you just tracking everything? What if you go over for fat or protein? Does it matter? HELP lol. Thanks:happy:
  • DocNikki7
    DocNikki7 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I track everything. I custom my goals so I set how much I want to eat. I range from 1500-1800 a day for my goals. You want to decide how much you want to weigh and you will eat about 10xthat weight. For example, 145 lbs is 1450 in calories. I try to watch my carbs (did not today...lol), but I usually do. I exercise 3-4 times a week for at least 30 minutes. Get more protein. Drink protein shakes as well to get your protein in. I struggle with getting enough protein and eating less carbs.

I hope this helped.
  • raekaekelly
    Options
    Hey ladies! If you want help and accountability, I'm here to be your pal! I love helping others reach their goals :)
  • waxqueen929
    Options
    thanks Nikki!!! Im sorry It took sooo long to reply ! :( but that weekend I cheated on my diet ate cake and downhill after that.. so I was scared to weight in and didnt log in. Ive been in a yoyo cycle for so many years I was pretty upset with myself . So back on again for me. Really thinking about that lapband but feel it will be the easy way out and I really want to do it on my own! Just need to have more self control. How are things going with you? :)
  • waxqueen929
    Options
    Thanks RaeKae!!! :) Need all the encouragement possible! lol