I'm looking for snack ideas

Options
Hi all,
My biggest problem with losing weight is my portion size.. and I know I eat large portions because I'm STARVING by the time lunch or dinner roles around. Therefore, I need to start eating SNACKS! However, I think the reason I haven't been snacking is because I can never think of anything to bring to work/school that isn't consider "junk".
What do you guys eat for snacks? and don't say NUTS!!! Because I really don't like them :)
Thanks,
Lindsey

Replies

• jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese and berries
    apple and PB
    String cheese and fruit
    Hard boiled eggs
    blueberry yogurt mixed with cottage cheese
    hummus and homemade pita chips
    salsa and homemade tortillia chips

To make the homemade chips. just cut your pita or tortilla (I like corn) into triangles, spray a cookie sheet with Pam, and bake in the oven on 325 until toasty. You can season with whatever seasoinings you like.
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    Special K bars, fruit, Fiber One bars (they are soooooooo good and filling, just watch out for the "after effects" hours later though! :laugh: )
  • pattitricia85
    Options
    hard boiled eggs, half peanut butter sandwich, almonds and string cheese (together this really fills me up), my new favorite is a soy hot chocolate from our coffee bar at my work, its great after a morning workout (only 12 oz)
  • jagodragon
    jagodragon Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    veggies
    crackers (watch the portions on these though :P )
    fruit
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    I just made a post about snacks!! :happy:
    Here is my new fav for every now and then :
    Triscuit Cracked Pepper and Olive oil crackers and String Cheese

For 6 Triscuits and one string cheese its 190 calories, 20 carbs, 9g fat, and 9g protein. That with about 20 oz of water and I'm feeling VERY satisfied and its full of flavor!!!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    apple and PB
    String cheese and fruit
    Hard boiled eggs

To make the homemade chips. just cut your pita or tortilla (I like corn) into triangles, spray a cookie sheet with Pam, and bake in the oven on 325 until toasty. You can season with whatever seasoinings you like.

Do you have a recipe for hummus or do you buy it?
  • SamiRose
    SamiRose Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    one of my favorite snacks is Aunts on a Log....

Celery, with Peanut butter....you can add the "aunts" if u choose, it's rasins

I just dip my celery in peanut butter!

Also String Cheese!!! It's high in Protein too :)

Let me know if you have any more questions! Message me!
  • PureAndHealthy
    Options
    Apple with Dark Chocolate Dreams peanut butter... oh my goodness yum :love:
    Kashi Trail Mix Bar
    String Cheese and Lite Canned Peaches (In pear juice... look for the 100 calorie cans)
    yogurt
    Air-popped popcorn with dried cranberries (or raisins) and cinnamon mixed in for a sweet fix... or with chocolate chips. Mmm... and it only takes a couple Tablespoons of chocolate chips in a BIG bag of popcorn to get that chocolate fix. You can also use plain cheerios instead of popcorn. Super easy take-along
    Orange and a slice of your favorite cheese or string cheese (I :heart: Muenster)

Those are my favs and except the yogurt and string cheese, they can come along with no refridgeration AND almost everything is already prepackaged except the dark chocolate dreams... I put a serving in tupperware.
  • Deb1971
    Deb1971 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hummus and raw veggies(baby carrots broccoli) etc
    Veggie chips done in the dehydrator (carrots green beans and radishes)
  • hoguewild
    hoguewild Posts: 12
    Options
    Unsalted rice cake with 2 tbsps of peach mango salsa and a large glass of water. 55 cal and it gets you over the hump.
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    apple and PB
    String cheese and fruit
    Hard boiled eggs

Do you have a recipe for hummus or do you buy it?

Both, depending on what I have and how lazy I am. The recipe I use is from the Biggest Loser book. That book is seriously one of the best tools I've ever bought for weight loss. And believe me, I've bought a lot of them!
  • tamawamara
    tamawamara Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    G:tongue: ood ideas guys, really can't think of much to add.