gum?

mcohan
mcohan Posts: 116 Member
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
does anyone else eat a lot of gum? how do i stop eating so much without increasing my food intake?

Replies

• memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    well hopefully you are not EATING gum and are only chewing it. Do you chew the sugar free kind?
  • strawberry25shortcake
    strawberry25shortcake Posts: 183 Member
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I AM ADDICTED TO CHEWING GUM!!!But, it doesn't change the amount of food I eat...I just have to chew the gum at all times; especially during the intense school days. Otherwise, i chew on my nails and that is not pretty...:noway:
  • neenaleigh
    neenaleigh Posts: 584 Member
    im chewing gum to try and help me quit smoking....
  • mcohan
    mcohan Posts: 116 Member
    haha no i ma not swallowing it...thats just yucky! ya i eat the sugar free kind....extra or orbitz usually
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Sorry, went back and re-read original post.
    Maybe instead of chewing gum, you could do something with your hands???
    Sometimes it helps to keep you hands busy so you don't grab food.
    You could brush your teeth. Drink a glass of water.
    There are lots of things you could try.

Memaw
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    haha no i ma not swallowing it...thats just yucky! ya i eat the sugar free kind....extra or orbitz usually
    My hubby does that. :embarassed: lol I can't make him stop it either.

Gum isn't bad for you if keeps you from eating more than you should. Just make sure its sugar free.
  • amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    does anyone else eat a lot of gum? how do i stop eating so much without increasing my food intake?

Just curious...why do you want to stop? As long as it's sugarless, it's not bad for you.....they even say it's good for your teeth, so chew away!
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    I recently picked up the gum habit hopefully to help keep from mindless snacking.....so far it works pretty good. I was almost going to learn how to crochet or knit so I can keep my hands busy when I watch TV...my weak moments! I haven't got around to that yet though. I can't figure out what I 'd do with a bunch of crocheted knickknack cluttering up the place! :laugh: :laugh:
  • vickyclare96
    vickyclare96 Posts: 124 Member
    Make sure that when you chew gum your not making yourself more hungry!!!
    When you chew gum your digestive sytem gets ready for food, then when nothing comes down it gets hungry!
    When i sometimes chew gum, well depends on how much i have eaten but i sometimes get stomach growls!! :sick: :sick:
  • Sarandipity
    Sarandipity Posts: 1,560
    I recently picked up the gum habit hopefully to help keep from mindless snacking.....so far it works pretty good. I was almost going to learn how to crochet or knit so I can keep my hands busy when I watch TV...my weak moments! I haven't got around to that yet though. I can't figure out what I 'd do with a bunch of crocheted knickknack cluttering up the place! :laugh: :laugh:

Well you could do them for gifts and clutter up somone elses place :laugh: or you could donate them to nursing homes or local charities. I knew somoene that knitted scarfs and donated them to the homeless. I myself have far too many cross stitch projects on the go I need to get working on again.
  • astridfeline
    astridfeline Posts: 1,200 Member
    donating to charity is a great suggestion--thanks!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Definately gum! Love it and have to have it when driving or I want to eat or drink while on the road and it is much safer with two hands on the wheel:smile:
This discussion has been closed.