Having a bad couple of days :(

Options
I feel that i just cant stop myself from picking at junk over the past few days. I feel guilty as hell and sooooo dissapointed with myself especially as i had been so happy that i had gotten to my lowest weight in years. I know that today i'll start again but why do we do it to ourselves?

Replies

• Gatominx
    Gatominx Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    ugh I know it sucks! Sometimes my willpower is awesome, then ill have a few days where I eat crap the whole time damn well knowing how bad I'll feel about it! Tomorrow is a new day (althought lately i say this a bit too much!). But hey we're human, if this were easy we would'nt be on here :)
  • PandoraDiet
    PandoraDiet Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Honey if you want your life to change, your choices will have to change also and right now is the best time to begin.
  • rtaddlowe
    rtaddlowe Posts: 70
    Options
    I think sometimes we just get off the focus and relapse. This happens often when we see that we are getting good results. Just get focused and keep on doing what has got you this far.
  • nicmc1978
    nicmc1978 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    yeah. I need to give myself a shake. It's funny how one day you are so positive and up for it and the next can be totally different. I'm telling myself its just a blip. It's hard being good all the time lol.
  • chatterbox3110
    chatterbox3110 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Because you're human! We all have emotions that kick us in the teeth sometimes - the trick is not to look back at what's done, but to look forward in the direction you're heading.

You've done so well, and will continue to do so - we're all entitled to a little time off for good behaviour, think of it as a little vacation, and now back to work.

Good luck and SMILE!!:flowerforyou:
  • happystars82
    happystars82 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hey don;t worry about it, i get like this on at least one or two days every fortnight but i still have lost each week, and i belive thats because i get back focused the next day and work out harder.

also we are women and we do suffer with the monthly dread (if u know what i mean) and that causes a huge appetite, well for me it does.. lol

your'll be fine, its not a race to get to the finish.. just have what you want and once your done re-focus.

Good luck and if u wanna add me thats cool!.xx
  • finchest
    finchest Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I feel that i just cant stop myself from picking at junk over the past few days. I feel guilty as hell and sooooo dissapointed with myself especially as i had been so happy that i had gotten to my lowest weight in years. I know that today i'll start again but why do we do it to ourselves?

just remember the promises you made yourself, how good it's felt to lose as much as you have, and how great it will be to reach your goal. instead of feeling deprived when turning down junk food, try to remember you're making a lot of difficult choices (ie, turning down junk food) to ultimately get something wonderful: your health and happiness.
    next time you're faced with junk food, remember your goal -and don't worry about what you've done in the past!
  • CountDown321
    CountDown321 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    For most of us, we have weight to lose because of bad eating habits. The keyword is habit, and for many of us we struggle with overcoming the habit. I have terrible self control, and I love to eat, and some days are better than others. I was losing weight before Christmas, but I havent been able to get below my pre-Christmas weight since. Its really frustrating, but I just try to keep pushing myself to keep trying to break the habits and make new healthier lasting habits.
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    It happens. For me it can be a reaction to a bad day at work. I go and seek out "comfort food" like pizza or a burger, or walk to the neighborhood pub and have a couple beers too many - stuff I know I'm going to hate myself for when I step on the scale the next morning.

Like you, I know I'll reset my focus and get back on track. And I know a more constructive way to deal with the frustration would be to hit the Stairmaster at the gym. But, some days it's tough not to give in to temptation.

As long as I DO keep reminding myself of my long-term goals, I'm not going to beat myself up too much over the occasional lapse. It's when you STOP reminding yourself of what you're trying to accomplish that you should start feeling guilty for giving up.
  • raekaekelly
    Options
    Those types of days happen! I think they happen most because when we restrict our diets, we often restrict all treats. If you find yourself craving chocolate, or chips, or whatever it is... have a small portion. I'm not talking a huge piece of chocolate cake. Just enough to satisfy your craving. Usually for me its a bite or two. After I have that, I'm good. Sure, I want more, but I had a taste and I am satisfied.

Tomorrow is a new day! Start off your day making smart choices about your nutrition, and the rest will fall more easily into place :)
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Those types of days happen! I think they happen most because when we restrict our diets, we often restrict all treats. If you find yourself craving chocolate, or chips, or whatever it is... have a small portion. I'm not talking a huge piece of chocolate cake. Just enough to satisfy your craving. Usually for me its a bite or two. After I have that, I'm good. Sure, I want more, but I had a taste and I am satisfied.

Tomorrow is a new day! Start off your day making smart choices about your nutrition, and the rest will fall more easily into place :)

I totally agree. If you're changing your lifestyle, it isn't about feeling guilty about eating food... it's more about knowing limits. You shouldn't ban anything. Have a little bit... workout... and move on. :) Don't feel guilty about it. It's your life, you should enjoy it.
  • hailz840
    hailz840 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    [/quote]
    next time you're faced with junk food, remember your goal
    [/quote]

awesome - i am going to use this!
  • TurnLeftNow
    TurnLeftNow Posts: 171
    Options
    I have had a really bad week, REALLY awful.

I was feeling defeated. I was telling myself, "That's it, it's over, I failed" But then I reminded myself that I don't want to gain back the weight that I lost, I REALLY don't. So I told myself, that I had my fun, I splurged the last few days and I got it out of my system. Now I can get back on track and continue on this journey to a healthier life. Today was much better.
  • cantstopthepop
    Options
    I have had a similar few days. I have been doing so well then over a period of 3 days I have stuffed myself of all manner of things. Annoyingly its even stuff I wouldnt have eaten so close together when not dieting - pasta, pizza, mcdonalds. I feel so depressed about it all, but all I can do is carry on and treat it as a blip.

in the overall scheme of things, as I've set myself a target date of September to reach my ideal weight as thats when I am going on holiday, 3 days over 9 months will not have too negative an impact. At least thats how I am trying to positively rationalise it.
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I went on holiday for a couple of days and so was eating out on restaurants and then came home and had the TOM and all I wanted to do was eat chocolate, which I did with gusto! Was dreading facing the scales today after a week like that and also no gym time all week......but I'd lost 2 lbs. All I can think is that shaking up the diet a bit had got my metabolism working faster. I'm now back on the waggon but hey, maybe it isn't the end of the world if we have a few 'bad' days, as long as we don't let them lead into a few bad weeks or months.