Gave in to my craving...

Options
I have BEEN craving a breakfast burrito... and today I finally gave in.
But to make it as healthy as possible, I made it with egg whites, fresh tomatoes, onions, and fat free cheese. (I didn't need to season it because of the fresh veggies, plus I want to keep my sodium relatively low. It is only lunch time :laugh: )
The only thing that was indulgent was the tortilla. But it is completely within my calories.
And I plan to get in at least 500 exercise cals today.
All in all, I am happy.
:happy:
And it is definitely better than getting some greasy fast food breakfast burrito.
Yummy yum yum to healthy living.

Now, if I could only get chocolate out of my head. :grumble:

Replies

• leighoconnell
    Options
    Eat a pickle, they stop chocolate cravings dead in their tracks!
  • GlamNGlitter
    Options

Really... I'll have to try that ... thanks for the tip!!:flowerforyou:
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Options
    But to make it as healthy as possible, I made it with egg whites, fresh tomatoes, onions, and fat free cheese. (I didn't need to season it because of the fresh veggies, plus I want to keep my sodium relatively low. It is only lunch time :laugh: )
    The only thing that was indulgent was the tortilla. But it is completely within my calories.
    All in all, I am happy.
    And it is definitely better than getting some greasy fast food breakfast burrito.

You did GREAT! As far as chocolate goes, I hear that the dark chocolate isn't too bad, number wise.
    I don't crave chocolate that often, but, when I do, I eat (VERY SLOWLY!) some of my husband's dark M & M's.
  • melssyl
    melssyl Posts: 66
    Options
    You must address those cravings .... this is a way of healthy eating and not a "Diet", you did exactly the right thing .... have what you desire in moderation that fits into you calories...

And a small piece of chocolate with a craving .. will make you feel good if you can fit it into your calories ...

I treat myself to 1 "small" tootsie roll piece when I have that chocolate crave... and then I find I don't crave it as often as I did at first... a few bites of sweet fruit helps me too...

Luck to you in your journey...
  • lonie
    lonie Posts: 2
    Options
    But you need to watch all the sodium in a pickle that could make you retain water, I would just have a small piece of dark chocolate!!!!
  • pniana
    pniana Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    All in all, I am happy.

Sounds great! On the tortilla, you could try those new FlatOut breads in the stores. The light one's have only 90 cal a piece and lots of fiber. I made a similar breakfast burrito with one of those and the cal intake was well within my plan. Nice job!
  • euphoria11
    euphoria11 Posts: 49
    Options
    we have every diff flavor of flatouts in the house! haha... i love the italian with garlic hummus.... ummm hmmm.... and if you bake it... it gets crispy like chips. perfect for hummus!!! yummmmm!
    All in all, I am happy.

Sounds great! On the tortilla, you could try those new FlatOut breads in the stores. The light one's have only 90 cal a piece and lots of fiber. I made a similar breakfast burrito with one of those and the cal intake was well within my plan. Nice job!
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    That sound great. I'd add in a little lean ham (very light) and a buncha mushrooms (free),,, but that's just me.

You have to feed yourself. If we make this unbearable we'll never stay with it, and then we'll just yoyo. Good job finding a way to feed the beast and not blow your day.
  • euphoria11
    euphoria11 Posts: 49
    Options
    Well seeing as it is grocery day... we are low on what I could eat.
    Unless I resort to my boyfriend's mac and cheese, corn dogs, tacos, etc. :grumble:
    lol.
    But I think mushrooms will DEFINITELY be on my shopping list this week!
  • hungrybear
    hungrybear Posts: 45
    Options
    I am so glad I'm not the only one! I crave for breakfast burrito all the time too!
    Try using "La Tortilla - Low Carb, High Fiber Whole Wheat Tortilla (large)", it only has 80 calories but sodium is about 300mg...but I am sure you minimize some sodium intake for lunch and dinner. La Tortilla also makes a smaller tortilla that is only 50 calories, and it's not that small, which is perfect for snacks!

Ask for the chocolate, I usually go for low fat or sugarfree chocolate pudding, which is around 60 calories. I eat it with some banana to it sometimes to make it a snack.

Also, Gayle's make 30 calories truffles! I'd never tried it, but I heard it's good!
    Here is the link! http://gaylesmiracles.com/

Hope this help! =)
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    what section of the store do u find these
  • April0815
    Options
    I am so glad I'm not the only one! I crave for breakfast burrito all the time too!
    Try using "La Tortilla - Low Carb, High Fiber Whole Wheat Tortilla (large)", it only has 80 calories but sodium is about 300mg...but I am sure you minimize some sodium intake for lunch and dinner. La Tortilla also makes a smaller tortilla that is only 50 calories, and it's not that small, which is perfect for snacks!

Ask for the chocolate, I usually go for low fat or sugarfree chocolate pudding, which is around 60 calories. I eat it with some banana to it sometimes to make it a snack.

Also, Gayle's make 30 calories truffles! I'd never tried it, but I heard it's good!
    Here is the link! http://gaylesmiracles.com/

Hope this help! =)

For my chocolate craving I get the bag of the Dove dark chocolate bites or either the Hershey Bliss Dark Chocolate bites.
  • hungrybear
    hungrybear Posts: 45
    Options
    the tortilla is with all the other regular tortilla.

the chocolate is the tricky part. gayle's only have stores in New York, so you have to order them online if you live elsewhere...shipping sucks since they need to keep the products fresh! =(
  • April0815
    Options
    Not tortillas where are the flatout breads
  • foxyforce
    foxyforce Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options

i NEVER crave chocolate, but i do crave pickles...i wonder if that works vice versa...but i probably shouldnt try lol