Green tea question...

Options
Is it better to drink green tea or take a green tea supplement... or are the equally effective?

Replies

• BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    I'd go with drinking tea because I like it and it's way less expensive than buying extract (but then I've been accused of being frugal) in terms of efficacy the jury is still out.
  • Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I do both depending on what i feel like, the extract is more concentrated so you will get more out of one pill then you would out a cup of tea, i take NOW green tea extract , cheap on bodybuilding.com
  • sarahdangar
    sarahdangar Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    i drink it but in all honesty I find it disgusting, I'm going on a search for a new variety this weekend, think I'l try jasmine!
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love Teaopia's Jasmine Superior green tea!!!
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I LOVE green tea- it is a daily ritual for me. I drink it because I love it, but the health benefits are a wonderful added bonus. So my vote is for drinking it! I don't know how extracts measure up.
  • th2much
    th2much Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I am not a huge fan of green tea but I drink it as it has health benefits. I just drink the tea as that means extra water in & keeps me full for a while.
  • R_is_for_Rachel
    R_is_for_Rachel Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    You may just be preparing it wrong, a common mistake with green tea is to pour boiling water on it but this gives it a horrid bitter taste. I boil my water then let it cool for a minute then add it and it generally tastes good. I also find organic green tea has a nicer taste :)
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Green tea is so convenient I just drink it. If you want absolutely no caffeine in your diet then some supplements are caffeine free. I find it calming plus it is full of antioxidants and I find it is a decent appetite suppressor.
  • BekahLuv
    BekahLuv Posts: 164
    Options
    I have lemongrass green tea at work that is absolutely delicious! <3 it!
  • rlysrh
    rlysrh Posts: 244
    Options
    I literally just had a cup of twinings green tea with orange and lotus flower and it tasted really good. I didn't think I'd like it because I've never really liked tea, but it was nice.
    If you live in the UK you can get two free samples off twinings website. (:
  • Chester_1
    Chester_1 Posts: 26
    Options
    I'd recommend drinking green tea over taking a pill for the simple fact that green tea is delicious, plus you get the warm-tea-belly feeling :)

Like previous mentioned, don't pour boiling water onto your green (or other) tea. You'll burn it and it will taste awful. Boil the water, take it off the heat or unplug the kettle, and let it sit for a minute or two. THEN brew your tea.