So, hello!

Options
Hey guys,

I've been using the myfitnesspal app on the iPhone for two months now and so thought it was about time I introduce myself to the fine community here.

I'm a 23 year old graduate who thought that rather than becoming a couch potato whilst looking for work, would use the time wisely and attempt to lose the many pounds gained over the previous four years at Uni.

As with many women nowadays, I've long been plagued by the fact I don't have the perfectly airbrushed-model body; but neither have I ever expected it. As of late December 2011 I was three stone overweight and told by my nurse that I was considered obese; something that I hide reasonably well, but sickened me to the core. I've never felt comfortable with my size, but it had got to the point where going out was no longer an option; not without a brown paper bag over my head. I'd not long moved in with my boyfriend at this point, which I'm sure many of you can agree, if stressful enough. But to add a constant feeling of worthlessness and self hated to the mix due to my excess weight just made the situation near-relationship-ending-fatal. :sad:

So, here I am, two months later and 10lbs lighter (as I'd lost 3lbs before using myfitnesspal.)

Up early every morning, 50g bowl of a healthy cereal and a green tea, followed by my latest day working through the Couch to 5K app with arm weights (as of now, I'm up to week seven - 20/25 minutes running, 10 walking); then a rest and fruit break - a diced apple with a satsuma, handful of blueberries and a green tea (my favourite part of the day!) After that, 30 minutes of muscle workouts. Lunch usually consists of salads with sliced meat of some form and a green tea, and dinner, any form of compromise in regards to what the other half ends up wanting! I've cut out starchy carbs and coffee, my two major weaknesses and am on a 1200 daily calorie limit.. But, overall I'm feeling SO much better for it! I've dropped 3.1% overall body fat, and gained 2.4% muscle. So far! :happy:

As I keep reminding myself: 'Sweat is just fat crying'!

So, that's me and my ongoing battle against my demons, how about you guys?

Replies

• tonicaek
    tonicaek Posts: 4
    Options
    Bump?
  • nammer79
    nammer79 Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    so far your doing a good job
  • Lucendiluna
    Lucendiluna Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Sounds awesome! I hope you took pics when you started, because when you'll be done you'll have the best before/afters :) Good luck and keep going!!!
  • tonicaek
    tonicaek Posts: 4
    Options
    I should've done, I kept telling myself that, just couldn't face taking a photo of myself looking like that. Might do a before and after from now - still got two stone to go!
  • nowornever47
    nowornever47 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck with your lifestyle change, as that's really what it is, don't think diet! Sounds like you're really on the right track to becoming a smaller, healthier you! Good for you for taking that first step. I'd suggest taking your measurements once at the end of every month so you can record your progress that way too. What I love about mfp is that you can sneak in your favorite cravings here and there (in moderation) without gaining weight. Don't deprive yourself so much that you crave everything... those are my little tidbits.. I wish you well in your sucess!! :smile: