Grrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Options
I am so sick of people telling me I've lost weight by starving myself. No, thank you very much, I've lost weight by working my butt off. I work out 6 days a week and EAT 6 times a day - usually 2,000 calories a day. I just want to point at my legs and scream YOU DONT GET THESE MUSCLES BY NOT EATING! lol...end rant.

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    haters gonna hate. you've earned that 50lbs lost...great job
  • Teeladog
    Teeladog Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Some people just have a really messed up idea of what losing weight and getting healthy really takes. Good for you for doing it though!
  • coraliethomas
    coraliethomas Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    I get that ALL the time too! "Whats gonna happen when you start eating again?"... Like GRRRRRRR!! I am eating, and Im eating the kind of foods that I will be happy eating for the rest of my life. It drives me nuts!

Enjoy every ounce of your 50lbs... you deserve it!
  • Kanzaki3
    Kanzaki3 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    I know how that feels. I have some people thinking that I don't eat enough and that I starved to lose weight. A good feeling is proving them wrong at the gym.
  • Babybirdganz
    Babybirdganz Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ignore them! Clearly they have NO idea what they are talking about.
    Keep up the hard work!
  • BIGJIMMYU
    BIGJIMMYU Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Rest easy! The jealous ones are obviously impressed with the new you and how you look. Next time they say that just say;" Well my friend, why don't you join me at the gym and I will show you how I lost all the weight"!
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    I know why when being healthy we're just starving ourselves. One of my FB friends someone was talking about running etc.. and weight loss, and someone commented about the weight being put on after or something like that. Where's the support? I think it's jealousy and not knowing what to say or do.
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    Rest easy! The jealous ones are obviously impressed with the new you and how you look. Next time they say that just say;" Well my friend, why don't you join me at the gym and I will show you how I lost all the weight"!

I like this. And it should stop them from ever saying that to you again!!!
  • debinewb
    debinewb Posts: 8
    Options
    You know that you've earned and worked for every pound that you've lost. I like the idea of inviting the doubters to join you in your workout. They'll quickly learn what working out to lose weight and gain muscle really means. keep up the awesome work!
  • PenguinPrincess
    Options
    Thanks everyone! That's why this website is great. Even if I'm not getting support from people around me, you all are always good for it! :)
  • SteveTries
    SteveTries Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    I am so sick of people telling me I've lost weight by starving myself. No, thank you very much, I've lost weight by working my butt off. I work out 6 days a week and EAT 6 times a day - usually 2,000 calories a day. I just want to point at my legs and scream YOU DONT GET THESE MUSCLES BY NOT EATING! lol...end rant.

I would laugh and say "yeah right, whatever makes you feel better about yourself, mate"
  • acstansell
    acstansell Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    I sympathize - I'm starting to get people telling me that I'm "wasting away" and "disappearing"

I've only lost 41 and I still weigh 234! Stupid...
  • soonernick
    soonernick Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Come up with a good comeback. "No I don't starve myself, I loose weight by running from the cops."
  • caroliiine86
    Options
    people are so jealous sometime !!
  • KezzaQ
    KezzaQ Posts: 1
    Options
    Some people are SO annoying!! I have only lost 11lbs but people ask me how I am doing it - the only way - the old fashioned eat less, move more routine!!!
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Yes....It's so hard when people are so negative. My favorite comment (please note sarcasm) is the "when are you going to stop" questions. I generally reply with "Stop living a healthier lifestyle? Why on earth would I stop doing that?" Grrrrr I feel your pain. Hold your head high, we owe NO ONE any explanations.
  • JeSuisPrest
    JeSuisPrest Posts: 2,005 Member
    Options
    Some people are SO annoying!! I have only lost 11lbs but people ask me how I am doing it - the only way - the old fashioned eat less, move more routine!!!

And no one wants to hear that, everyone wants to hear about some magical product!!
  • spazwgeo
    spazwgeo Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I too think it is jealousy! I have people who ask me if I'm starving myself too. They just don't get it! There are a lot of foods out there that you can eat AND lose weight!
  • azazelrabbit
    Options

Haters gonna hate

This ^

Who cares?. Unless they are your family or close friends (who should believe you if you explain), I say you sod them. Don't let the haters make an impact on your life.

We're all supportive here ♥
  • Zarienz
    Zarienz Posts: 60
    Options
    Envious of the new and improved I think. Invite them over for pizza some day.