What's your weakness?

toots99
toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
edited September 19 in Food and Nutrition
For some it's cake, or chocolate or chips.

Mine? Peanut Butter and ice cream. Preferably peanut butter ice cream. :laugh: It's one of those things where I can't have a container of it in my house, if I know it's there I can't stop myself from eating the whole thing.

For instance, last night I was at the supermarket and saw white chocolate peanut butter by Peanut Butter & Co (I remember reading here about how amazing it is). I was really hesitant in paying $5 for a jar of peanut butter but I couldn't resist. I ate half the jar in one sitting. The other half is in my cabinet, calling me, wanting me to savor it's peanut buttery chocolate smoothness.

What are weakness foods for you guys, things you just can't have around you because you can't help yourself?

Replies

• lizbeth787
    lizbeth787 Posts: 101 Member
    peanut butter

baked cheetos

rold gold tiny twists

other than the above, i eat fairly clean... but i can't give those up!!!!!
  • Honeybunn
    Honeybunn Posts: 39
    Pizza......lots and lots of pizza. And of course I can't just have the pizza, I have to have the gooey cheese stix and ranch dressing that compliment it so well:laugh:
  • kdm9295
    kdm9295 Posts: 126 Member
    Dairy Queen Peanut Buster Parfait...

My family LOVES to go to Dairy Queen. And I just can't go and have a small cone, or small sundae. It's better for me to just not go with them at all.

As for things in the house. Peanut Butter Cookies. Can't keep those things around.
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    I have to admit, I really do like shots of tequila. 3 is my limit, but that's enough to do damage, especially if it's once a week. EEEEK!!!
  • madmama
    madmama Posts: 123 Member
    My Weakness is anything salty, especially french fries, and potato chips. To that end I allow myself some of both in a week. With the potato chips I have taken to eating the baked varieties in moderation.:noway:
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Pizza......lots and lots of pizza. And of course I can't just have the pizza, I have to have the gooey cheese stix and ranch dressing that compliment it so well:laugh:

Ohhh you'd love my job then, I work in a gourmet pizza restaurant! :laugh:
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Jasmine rice with LOTS of butter!
    Bacon. (Oh man do I miss that!)
    Hash browns made with crushed tater tots
    Royal Flushes. I miss the booze most of all....:sad:
  • yodacho
    yodacho Posts: 90 Member
    Homemade chocolate chip cookies, which are easy enough to avoid -I don't make them!

Usually I crave things when:

1. I'm tired and I need more sleep.
    2. I haven't had good veggies, fruit, and protein.
    3. I'm upset or stressed and want to feel happier.

But if you offer me a sheet of warm gooey friendliness with organic ingredients in cookie form - I probably won't turn you down! Good luck.
  • Lil_Leah
    Lil_Leah Posts: 376 Member

story of my life. :sad:
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member

Same here! Except not the ranch so much anymore...I used to dunk my pizza in the ranch!!
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    For some it's cake, or chocolate or chips.

Mine? Peanut Butter and ice cream. Preferably peanut butter ice cream. :laugh: It's one of those things where I can't have a container of it in my house, if I know it's there I can't stop myself from eating the whole thing.

For instance, last night I was at the supermarket and saw white chocolate peanut butter by Peanut Butter & Co (I remember reading here about how amazing it is). I was really hesitant in paying $5 for a jar of peanut butter but I couldn't resist. I ate half the jar in one sitting. The other half is in my cabinet, calling me, wanting me to savor it's peanut buttery chocolate smoothness.

What are weakness foods for you guys, things you just can't have around you because you can't help yourself?

SAME HERE! Peanut butter and ALSO ice-cream!!! :laugh: :love:
    I manage to be fairly good about it though, because I get Edy's slow churned, no sugar added fudge tracks ice-cream, which has lots and lots of little peanut butter cups! AND, the icecream tastes ALMOST as good as the "real thing"! :love:
  • ilmommkc
    ilmommkc Posts: 73
    at home--ice cream, chips, cookies
    restaurants--onion rings, cheese fries, mozz sticks. I love all that greasy food.

I get sick if I eat anything greasy now. too bad it still tastes so good. I have managed to cut MOST of it out though. I rarely eat out, and when I do it's salads and chicken breasts.
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Lemon Mirangue pie :cry:
  • jagodragon
    jagodragon Posts: 32 Member
    OMG....SWEETS!!!! and PEANUT BUTTER.....I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and ice cream (any flavor really)
    baked good (i LOVE to bake...it's a passion)
    chips (crunchy, salty, delicious....)

and to make matters worse.... i have 3 kids, just try to keep those things out of the house.... AINT GONNA HAPPEN lol but seriously, it's all about will power, and i have almost none :frown: so i have my wife hide all that she can. Out of sight out of mind, right?.... WRONG!!!!! i have found my self hunting for the treats on more then one ocasion and had to FORCE my self to go back in the living room and stop looking...then i "punish" my self with a walk to try and make up for it :wink: and no, not a walk to the nearest store either, though, i must admit i have been sooooo tempted on more than one occasion (haven't we all though :wink: )
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    Pizza, Donuts and Ice Cream.....in that order.
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    At my office, they have frozen yogurt with a table of topping (all free.) I loved the hot fudge so much, that I stopped bothering with the yogurt!
  • jagodragon
    oh...i should probably mention...the hiding part is actually more for another problem i have...i have been battleing with sleep eating while i am trying to loose weight....

i can honestly say that's how i got so big...i have woke up and found my self sitting infront of a bowl of {chuckles} peanut butter, a nearly empty, bulk size container and an ice cream scoop..... that's a lot of peanut butter and i don't even remember enjoying it :grumble: what a bummer..it must have been DELICIOUS lol :cry:
  • xsargex
    xsargex Posts: 768
    oh man I left out soda. But recently have switched to Coke Zero, because quitting cold-turkey was just a ridiculous goal.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    and to make matters worse.... i have 3 kids, just try to keep those things out of the house.... AINT GONNA HAPPEN lol but seriously, it's all about will power, and i have almost none :frown: so i have my wife hide all that she can. Out of sight out of mind, right?.... WRONG!!!!! i have found my self hunting for the treats on more then one ocasion and had to FORCE my self to go back in the living room and stop looking...then i "punish" my self with a walk to try and make up for it :wink: and no, not a walk to the nearest store either, though, i must admit i have been sooooo tempted on more than one occasion (haven't we all though :wink: )
    OMG!!! My hubby does that too. He whines that he wants to lose weight. I toss out all the sweets, and hide my diet stuff, (because he'll eat 2 or 3 of them, if he finds them.), and he'll go scrounging around the kitchen looking for anything to satisfy his sweet tooth! If he manages to find and eat something, he'll over do it, than sit back and give me the saddest look ever and ask, "Why did I just eat that?" :laugh:
  • jagodragon
    OMG!!! My hubby does that too. He whines that he wants to lose weight. I toss out all the sweets, and hide my diet stuff, (because he'll eat 2 or 3 of them, if he finds them.), and he'll go scrounging around the kitchen looking for anything to satisfy his sweet tooth! If he manages to find and eat something, he'll over do it, than sit back and give me the saddest look ever and ask, "Why did I just eat that?" :laugh:

yes...but I almost always stop myself before i get in to any thing :wink: almost... i do have the occasional slip up still lol
This discussion has been closed.