When to weigh yourself?

Options
I loss 2 lbs. just because I weigh myself first thing in the morning. Before sleeping at night, i'll weigh differently. So is there a right time to weigh yourself? If so, when?

I gained 45 lbs. over 3 years. My doctor said that it is because my body is in starvation mode because I don't eat much.. So now I am eating a lot to fill my calorie intake for the day, I feel heavier. :(

Replies

• amdahwd
    amdahwd Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I have found that I weigh less about 2 hours after I get out of bed than when I get up and immediately weigh.
  • JonathansMom0910
    Options
    My Dr and a trainer I consult with have told me to weigh myself in the am before I consume beverage or food. Otherwise you can have water weight..
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I don't have a good scale at home. Its says I weigh 60 lbs less than the y scale. Wishful thinking. So I have no choice but to weigh myself only at the y. I think you should pick a time and weigh yourself at the same time.
  • caitmarshhh
    caitmarshhh Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    You should weigh yourself in the morning after you go to the bathroom and before you eat anything. This is when I'm at my lowest. Weigh yourself a few times throughout the day to see how certain things affect your weight and you'll quickly be able to find the best time!
  • karylee44
    karylee44 Posts: 892
    Options
    morning!!! i weigh at least 4 pounds more at night.. very frustrating when i weigh myself at night.
  • miawinskie
    Options
    Thanks all! So if I weigh myself in the morning, is it my real body weight then?
  • caitmarshhh
    caitmarshhh Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Thanks all! So if I weigh myself in the morning, is it my real body weight then?

I think it's the most accurate because you don't have food and such in your system adding to your weight and distorting the numbers
  • NicolaNash
    Options
    I weigh myself in the morning before eating, but also on the same day every week - trying to make it comparable by being consistent like that. Its the most accurate but ultimately it doesn't matter too much as long as you are consistent.