40 lbs down after heart attack

Options
JaymeLS
JaymeLS Posts: 47 Member
I'm 32 years old and had a heart attack in April 2011. I have lost a total of 40 pounds since then. The only picture I found of me from around April is me in the hospital. I didn't like taking pictures because of the way I looked. The first pic is in August 2011 and the other in January 2012. I probably lost about 15 lbs. in that time. I started MFP at the end of Dec. In April of this year I will post another picture of me to see what 1 year of trying to live a healthier life will look like. I went to the doctor last week and found out my ejection fraction(how hard my heart is pumping) is still 15%. A normal person is around 50%. Sometimes I feel like I'm doing this for nothing but I know in the end I just might live a little longer.

6718562717_fdefe3a332.jpg
Project01 by Jayme Stringfellow, on Flickr

Replies

• Alma_Sana
    Alma_Sana Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Touched by your inspirational story! Way to go :)
  • Ms_Cindyrella
    Ms_Cindyrella Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    your right, in the long run you will see great results. Hang in there, never give up. Can't wait to see the new you in April
  • wd61dp
    wd61dp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I also has a heart attack in April 2011. I've lost about 30lbs since that day and feel great. I am now vegan and hopefully I am reversing my heart disease. Continuing to lose weight and following doctors orders, with regards to exercise. I was also tested for food allergies and have eliminated those items which were casusing a tremendous amount of inflamation in my system, which is linked to heart disease. Your doing the right things, keep up the good work,

Before my heart attack

After my heart attack.
  • wd61dp
    wd61dp Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Can't figure out the pic posting just yet
  • kirstiey
    kirstiey Posts: 243
    Options
    the most amazing reason for weight loss!! go you!!! x
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    keep up the hard work! Congrats on your loss. U look fantastic-your body will thank you!!:wink:
  • ycc1964
    ycc1964 Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss.
  • kiminikimkim
    kiminikimkim Posts: 746 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work, don't let the 15% get you down...you probably just avoided a second heart attack! Keep on taking care of your body, it will reward you for sure!
  • ReluctantKiller
    Options
    I too had a heart attack in April 2011.... Maybe we should start a group!... hehe, anyway, keep up the great work!
  • margerator
    Options
    You are really inspiring! I lost my mom to heart disease, but she had already had a heart attack, a bypass, and two major surgeries. Sometimes I wish that we had known about this site then, and wonder if it would have helped her. I think it would have. Medicine is miraculous, but we should also trust the power of proper nutrition and exercise as well!
    There are many success stories that are testaments to the positive impacts of a lifestyle change! Perhaps you should ask your doctor about an appropriate exercise program that may help your heart function?

Regardless, millions of people suffer from this disease, and I think that your efforts will inspire many also suffering from a heart attack to make changes. I salute you! Good luck on your journey!
  • priv8life
    priv8life Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I did start a group as suggested.... Heart Attack Survivors.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!