Fell off the wagon on vacation :-(

Options
So I was on such a roll joined 4 weeks ago and was doing so well, THEN.... I went on vacation for a week, just got back and I've gained 5 lbs :-( I just couldn't resist those margaritas.
I'm now trying to get motivated again, vacation has to be the hardest time to diet.

Replies

• ianconway
    ianconway Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    The same exact thing happened to me! Come vacation time, it seems we throw caution to the wind and indulge in everything that's bad for us. It's natural, I assume.

You'll get it going again! If I can do it, you can too!

-Ian
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Jaimelee,
    I feel for you! I gained 4+ over the holiday weekend, lost 3 of them already (must have been water weight). We leave on vacation for 10 days next Friday...... I don't want to think about how many extra calories I'll be getting at the lake:noway: ......and that's NOT including the many margaritas that may come my way :drinker: :drinker: !!

Hang in there, it'll come back off quickly :flowerforyou:
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    Don't fret! After getting back from Vegas for 4 days, I weighed myself on Monday to find I'd gained 5 pounds! :drinker: As of today, I've lost that plus 1.5 additional pounds. Not sure how that extra 1.5 pounds happened to come off, but I won't argue. Anyway, just get back to your plan, and don't do anything wacky.

But, if you want to keep your fingers crossed for me this upcoming week, I'll take it. I'm now off to San Francisco for a convention for a week. Thankfully, I'll be on my feet almost the entire time....that should help.
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up about it. I was away on vacation last week and ate dessert almost every night. Where I was staying did not have a gym or computers to log in food, but I got up and walked for at least a half an hour every day. I weighed myself when I got back and had gained 3 pounds. As of today, I lost those three and also an extra half pound. I made sure I got back on track on Monday and have been on track every day this week. As long as you can get yourself back into the swing of things, you should be ok. I hope you had a good time on vacation.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Just a little tid bit I just found....I am a marg girl to.
    100 calories each:

Lemonade Chrystal Light
    Teq.
    Lime juice
    some type of lemon lime soda (I used fresca once and diet sprite both worked great)

I make a whole pitcher and the calories are for 1 8oz with 3oz of teq. (all the calories are in the teq)
  • smg1010
    smg1010 Posts: 21
    Options
    thanks for that recipe kaylou!!

i love margaritas but never order them out anymore because some restaurant ones pack enough calories for my entire day. i'm definitely going to try this!
  • studley48
    studley48 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I go on vacation in 9 days and that is what I am worried about most. I am going to try and keep tracking my food and getting in some form of exercise while I am away.

We can do it Jaime!!
  • mkwood10
    mkwood10 Posts: 428
    Options
    Hi all! Happy to report I only gained 2 pounds in the 10 days of vacation.........AND that was with working out at Curves once and walking/jogging 3 miles another day. So........ back to the grind again :grumble: and back to counting everything that goes in my mouth:laugh:
  • beckythebunny122
    beckythebunny122 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Same thing happened to me recently. No internet, so wasn't logging food. And even though I tried to be good (at least breakfast and lunch) and swam for an hour each day, I still gained 5 pounds (probably since I had fries for the first time since January). It's coming off again, but it can feel defeating.

Just remember - the options are to give up and lose all the progress you've made, or just to keep working at it! It's getting back on the wagon that counts.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    Some ideas while on vacation....

you still need to make smart choices but I know that treats like margaritas are just there....then exercise to burn some of them off....
    don't splurge everyday
    did I say don't forget to exercise
    check local gyms they may have a day pass for free as a trial

It can be done - I was on vacation for 8 days last week and I came home the same weight I left in....and we ate seafood buffets twice, chinese buffet once, deuling piano bar, senor frogs - lot's of places where I am sure what I ate wasn't tops on the list for healthy choices but I did run 4 of the 8 days to work it off!

For those who did gain during vacation - remember how hard you've worked to get where you are and don't allow 1 week to blow it....Just jump back on the wagon and you can burn those pounds right back off!