Barmy brummy must stop binging!

Options
Hiya

Hi all, so confession time. I am a chocoholic! And a Foodaholic!

I started ww before Christmas but I have a couple of good weeks, fall off the wagon and then get back on it a few weeks later. I have lost 12lbs on it so far. I have another 26lbs to go. So I am currently 5.1 and 10 stone 12 hoping to get down to 9stone.

The problem is, I don't see results fast enough so I get bored and go into full sabotage mode, does anybody else do this?

I can, I know how to, I just don't have the will power. I am hoping that gals and guys on this site will help keep me going!

Replies

• GinnieC100
    GinnieC100 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow, that could be my story! I do the same thing to myself. Last night was a good example. Eat until I'm silly and then kick myself for doing it. Wish I knew the secret of self control!
  • coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    You can do it!!
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    One thing I learnt about myself was that if I was tough on myself and set aggressive weight loss targets with low calories I would be fine for a week, maybe two but then I fell off the wagon. By slowing the rate of loss, playing a long game Ifound I was much, much less likely to binge.

Since then I am slowly learning to build events, such as birthdays and Christmas into my life in a way that doesn't cause me to go off the rails for weeks on end. Part of this is about not denying myself what I really want, to build a drink or slice of cake into my life rather than ban them. I also now tend to only have the best and what I *really* want during celebrations. If I want a piece of coffee cake I'm not going to settle for some cheap crap cake from the ASDA cafe. i'm going to go to a bakery and buy 1, single, piece of really good cake.

Best wishes.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    for me, its an every day battle to make the right choices, exercise and stay focused.
    thats being honest!
    but that being said, every day i DO exercise and make good food choices, i feel so great abt me. even if i dont really see changes... its hard to see changes when you are looking at yourself with a microscope every single day -- mind over matter baby!! think abt what you want out of your life and you can achieve anything!
  • NicolaNash
    Options
    Hello fellow brummy!

I totally understand, been trying to focus on the long term (and yes I get impatient and annoyed on weigh days even if the scales have gone down and my clothes are looser). I try to plan my diary for the day ahead (and several days if I can) and find this can help.
  • Hayter2013
    Options
    Thats me, totally! I have tried Slimfast, cutting out carbs, etc, etc. Nothing seems to keep me from failing miserably! Its hard for me to find the time to exercise as I work fulltime and have a little boy (I'm always knackered after he's gone to bed)

Also a fellow Brummy, welcome to MFP!