Help Raining again

Options
sindyb9
sindyb9 Posts: 1,248 Member
This may be a silly question. But I usually walk 35 min. on my lunch but it is pouring rain and I cant get soaked and work the rest of the day. If I dont do it on my lunch I tend not to do it at all. Was wondering what I could do instead? I have a back hall stairs, would going up and down them be a good exercise?

Replies

• sindyb9
    Options
    This may be a silly question. But I usually walk 35 min. on my lunch but it is pouring rain and I cant get soaked and work the rest of the day. If I dont do it on my lunch I tend not to do it at all. Was wondering what I could do instead? I have a back hall stairs, would going up and down them be a good exercise?
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Stairclimbing would be an awesome workout!

:flowerforyou:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    Thank you it was all I could think of to do. :laugh:
  • mzaccardi
    mzaccardi Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Are you in New England? Because I have the same problem today. I'm so sick of this dreary weather!:grumble:
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! I think stairs are even better then walking (if you knees/body can take it) and if you have decent footware for it. My only issue with real stairs is that it can get a little boring, but I guess that's what IPods are for. :happy:
  • kathrynf
    kathrynf Posts: 6
    Options
    I actually just saw on the Regis and Kelly show great workouts you can do inside without any weights or equipment!

Here's the website...
    http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/buenavista/regisandkelly/contests/fitnesschallenge/

Just search for the workouts...they looked really fun!

Good Luck!
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I feel ya all. I am in Tennessee and Jan to end or April is rain....
    It sux!!!
    I have started walking at work on the sidewalk instead of the parking lot and at home in the rain riding the bike.

At least I can do something.

The rain is so depressing.....
  • sindyb9
    Options
    I just got an ipod so that will help. :laugh:
  • sindyb9
    Options
    I actually just saw on the Regis and Kelly show great workouts you can do inside without any weights or equipment!

Here's the website...
    http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/buenavista/regisandkelly/contests/fitnesschallenge/

Just search for the workouts...they looked really fun!

Good Luck!

I will have to try some of the workouts. Thank you, :smile: