Day One: Battle of the Bulge!

Options
Hello all,

I thought I'd come along and introduce myself and hopefully find one or two of you who won't mind sharing a little motivation over the coming months. This is my first official day of my war on unhealthy living (though I've actually lost ten pounds since signing up).

A little about me: I'm 26 and a work-from-home journalist and writer, which means you'll often find me battling the snacking urge. I've piled on weight since moving to the USA (I was 130 pounds, am now 170) from London two years ago - my husband introduced me to the fast food lifestyle I'd somehow managed to avoid previously! I'm feeling lethargic, greasy and generally gross so I'm looking forward to getting back in shape.

In the first instance, I'm aiming for 30 minutes exercise a day (am doing the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred) and a balanced 1200 calorie daily diet. I want to join the gym but I'm worried about pushing myself too hard in the beginning (wise?). Oh, and I SMOKE. I'll be trying to pack that in too.

It's so lovely to meet you fellow fitness pals; hopefully we can encourage one another along the way.

x

Replies

• coliema
    coliema Posts: 7,646 Member
    Options
    Hello :)
    Feel free to add me! I just ordered the 30 Day Shred, and I am on a balanced 1200 calorie daily diet as well! We can do this!!!
    -Colie
  • kreif429
    kreif429 Posts: 6
    Options
    Feel free to add me as a friend! I"m new at this but any extra motivation i can help with is great it gives me motivation myself!
  • kerrymyrm
    kerrymyrm Posts: 12
    Options
    Hey Colie!

We CAN do this. So, I have a confession to make, I watched the dvd while cooking dinner last night (just to know what I'm letting myself in for) and it looks pretty scathing. I'm starting it today and can't wait.

x
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I planned to start the 30DS yesterday but I've been a bit off colour the last few days do I want to feel a but stronger before I start. I've been with MFP for a while now and followed it religiously for about 6mths last year with really good results (lost almost 10kg) but I put 6kg back on after returning to my old ways again. I started counting cal's again a few weeks ago but then had a week in Hong Kong last week (got back Wednesday morning) where I intended to let lose again but got ll a few days into the trip and ended up not gainng anything... So, I'm sort of starting again too! :)
  • kerrymyrm
    kerrymyrm Posts: 12
    Options
    I've been feeling a little off colour too Peta, but I've just decided to go for it today so I'll let you know how I get on. I think motivation is really the most important thing when you're trying to lose weight so hopefully we can all keep one another going. And 6kgs is AMAZING. You'll have this down in no time! x
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Struggling with the greasy gross feeling, as well! And, as far as the smoking goes. I smoked for 17 years (I'm 33) and JUST quit on Jan 1!! So, I'm a "recovering" smoker.