Options
    Angus!
    Oscar!
    Chewy!

:D
  • ejohndrow
    ejohndrow Posts: 1,399 Member
    Options
    My dad had a dog named Dumptruck, and I had a cat named Bullet (the cat was named by a 5 year old), I suggest asking a 5 year old what to name the puppy. You may get something off the wall, yet awesome-like Bullet.
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :wink: I have not had the pleasure of naming my 2 girls...as they were already named ..but i have a friend that has a golden retreiver ...called ...Quest ...this dog has the personality to go with it ...love the name .

I like Bonnie , and Bronti... but if you check out Pet Place - Pet Care - Pet Names - Pet Health they have male and female names .
  • luvmydog2
    luvmydog2 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    :smile: My chihuahuas name is Lara ...
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    My best advice is to pick 2 names out of what you've got, my choices are Jax and Cooper. Also, remember animals will learn their names a lot faster if they are only 1 or 2 syllables long - trust me, I learned this the hard way.

So, out of your 2 names, when you've got your little bundle of joy I'd say place him in between you and your partner and you both just call one of the names, and whoever he goes to, well he picked his name!

Good luck and have fun!
  • poedunk65
    poedunk65 Posts: 1,336 Member
    Options
    frisbee
  • lexximan
    lexximan Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Brooks!

It was our second choice for our dog... His name is Wilder...

ANYONE notice a theme??
    IF so I will give you a high five!
  • dextertroy
    dextertroy Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My wee (now big) boy is called Baxter, After the dog in Anchorman. Love that movie.
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    oh and I had a little grey kitten we named Megatron, and another one named Lily. Megatron was a handful.
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I like the name Jax. Although that is the name my fiance wants to name his first born son! HAHAHAHAHA

Cute names for shelties are Charlie or Oscar.
  • jacalou
    jacalou Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    If we ever get a dog I'd love to name him Elliot... not sure why, but it just seems like a great name for a cute pooch! We've got two hamsters named by my girls... the boy is Buster Bites and the girl is Dolly!
  • ejohndrow
    Options
    Brooks!

ANYONE notice a theme??
    Mel Brooks and Gene Wilder come to mind.
  • pinkminy
    pinkminy Posts: 286
    Options
    call him Rocky :)

we had a cat named Rocky he was the runt of the litter and had to fight to stay alive,
    the other kittens kept pushing him away, he turned out to be an awesome pet,
    He lived for 17 years. and is still sadly missed
  • lexximan
    Options
    Stormy
    Beau Beau
    Indiana (Indy)

Those are the boy shelties we had when I was growing up
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    We have 2 shelties and 1 collie so I feel your excitement - we too had to put down our first sheltie a couple of years ago, his name was Clyde (after the Clyde river in Scotland near where my family is from).

Given both shelties and collies are from Scotland we named ours dogs Skye, Kyla and Duart - strange I know. We took out the map of Scotland and came up with their names.

I love it when people give their dogs strong personal names as opposed to Spot (no offense to anyone whose pet is Spot).

Good luck with your decision and please let us see a pic of the cute new wee member of the family
  • harleyshan1
    Options
    All very awesome suggestions! thank you. We are getting a sable/white puppy sheltie. That's what our dog Buzz was. And we cannot name him Woodyy b/c Buzz's brother (who is still alive and well)... We won't name him until after we see him and cuddle w/him but I wanted some names to think about whether they fit him or not. We have a choice between boy/girl but I think we are going with boy b/c that's what our Buzz was and he was an amazing dog! Truely I think thoght he was human, extremely smart and we loved him and we were absolutely heart broken when he left us.. All dogs go to heaven though right?
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Archie.
  • lexximan
    Options
    Brooks!

ANYONE notice a theme??
    Mel Brooks and Gene Wilder come to mind.

HIGH FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!