HRM Help - Would like to purchase one

Options
I am interested in the Polar FT4 and FT60, I'm open to other selections. I am not looking for one that is $200+, but a price around $140 for the FT60 I consider an investment and would not mind. I want a chest strap, and to be able to also have it act as a typical watch (i.e. date, time) if I choose. I went on the Polar site, and under "features" for each HRM, some of the options are in black, others are clickable and in red- I'm not sure if that means EVERYthing listed was an option, and some you can just click for more info, or if they were attempting that "not available" look- but I would think that would be a light gray font.

I would love to hear what kind of HRM you use, preferably strap-to-watch trasmitters only. Please tell me which brand and model. (Pictures of it or a google link would be nice, if possible)

About the use it will be getting and features I like:

Outside running (not interested in GPS mapping or tracking, but the basic time of my run, calories burned)
Average Heart Rate
Avid indoor gym user (so, something coded)
Calories calories calories
Basic watch-like features
The ability to see the actual time if it is in another mode like heart rate, or the ability to switch to time by pushing a button

That's it!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Like I said I'm interested in the FT4 and FT60, but I'm open to others. I see a lot of you MFPers use Polar and other HRMS, so bring on the suggestions! Thanks!

Replies

• liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    Well, you already know what I am getting, I will let you know what I think of it when I get it. But you will probably already have one by then...lol
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I just recently purchased the Polar FT40. I absolutely love it! You can use it as a regular watch, it records and saves your data. It organizes workout data to give weekly totals. You can change between screens during a workout so you can watch the effect and HR, just HR, calories burned or the time. The chest strap is amazingly comfortable. I was extremely worried about it, but it turns out all that worry was for nothing! I like being able to watch my heart rate on the treadmill and calories burned on the HRM! Just a fun thing for me.
  • eyesontheprize13
    Options
    Well, you already know what I am getting, I will let you know what I think of it when I get it. But you will probably already have one by then...lol

Is the battery user replaceable?
  • eyesontheprize13
    Options

Is the battery user replaceable?

I found this site, http://www.trinowfitness.com/en/Polar-FT4.html turns out- it is!! I think this is the one!

More suggestions welcome!
  • DeeKay2169
    DeeKay2169 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My HRM was the BEST "fitness" Purchase (besides my JM 30DS)! I went into Big 5 looking for a Polar F60. I was gritting my teeth on spending over $100 for a watch. I talked to a sales guy and he said he had older models that were cheaper. He pulled out a Polar F7 that was black and grey. I responded with I like the color BUT i'm not trying to spend $80 on a "cute" watch. I need one that will assist me in my HR and Cals burned. He said there wasn't much difference between the F60 and F7. He said I'll give you the F7 for $60 and try it for a week if you don't like it come back and we will get you the F60. I said SOLD and I've never been happier. I use it every time I do any kind of workout and if the machine has a calorie counter I take the average between the machine and the HRM. Hope this helps. :)
    I am interested in the Polar FT4 and FT60, I'm open to other selections. I am not looking for one that is $200+, but a price around $140 for the FT60 I consider an investment and would not mind. I want a chest strap, and to be able to also have it act as a typical watch (i.e. date, time) if I choose. I went on the Polar site, and under "features" for each HRM, some of the options are in black, others are clickable and in red- I'm not sure if that means EVERYthing listed was an option, and some you can just click for more info, or if they were attempting that "not available" look- but I would think that would be a light gray font.

I would love to hear what kind of HRM you use, preferably strap-to-watch trasmitters only. Please tell me which brand and model. (Pictures of it or a google link would be nice, if possible)

Outside running (not interested in GPS mapping or tracking, but the basic time of my run, calories burned)
    Average Heart Rate
    The ability to see the actual time if it is in another mode like heart rate, or the ability to switch to time by pushing a button

That's it!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Like I said I'm interested in the FT4 and FT60, but I'm open to others. I see a lot of you MFPers use Polar and other HRMS, so bring on the suggestions! Thanks!
  • eyesontheprize13
    Options
    My HRM was the BEST "fitness" Purchase (besides my JM 30DS)! I went into Big 5 looking for a Polar F60. I was gritting my teeth on spending over $100 for a watch. I talked to a sales guy and he said he had older models that were cheaper. He pulled out a Polar F7 that was black and grey. I responded with I like the color BUT i'm not trying to spend $80 on a "cute" watch. I need one that will assist me in my HR and Cals burned. He said there wasn't much difference between the F60 and F7. He said I'll give you the F7 for $60 and try it for a week if you don't like it come back and we will get you the F60. I said SOLD and I've never been happier. I use it every time I do any kind of workout and if the machine has a calorie counter I take the average between the machine and the HRM. Hope this helps. :)

Average Heart Rate

Awesome story!! I'm glad you got such a great deal!!!!