exercises for weak wrists???

Options
I have very weak wrists and I was wondering if there were any special exercises I could do to maybe strengthen them? I can't do pushups or anything that involves putting too much weight on them. I literally have a fear of exercising and them snapping in half!! lol. So if anyone knows of any please share! :happy: Please no rude comments I'm very serious about getting my wrists strengthened! Thanks in advanced!!:happy:

Replies

• kristypie
    kristypie Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Bump. I have tendonitis in my left wrist and pushups are impossible! I'd love to see if anyone has some suggestions.
  • demure_poetic
    Options
    I have very weak wrists and I was wondering if there were any special exercises I could do to maybe strengthen them? I can't do pushups or anything that involves putting too much weight on them. I literally have a fear of exercising and them snapping in half!! lol. So if anyone knows of any please share! :happy: Please no rude comments I'm very serious about getting my wrists strengthened! Thanks in advanced!!:happy:

Same here! I try to do push up's and I have tried fixing my form, and checking out video's of push up's so I can do it but no matter how i angle my arms/wrists...my wrists are still too weak!
  • aquarianpixi
    aquarianpixi Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    This was blatantly stolen from bodybuilding.com :P
    1. Wrist Curls
    Perform this with either a bar or dumbbells. Sit on a bench or chair and rest your forearms on your knees. Hold the bar or dumbbells with an underhand grip, so that your palms face up. Relax your wrists so they drop as far as possible toward the floor, and then raise the bar up and back toward you, while keeping your forearms down on your knees.
    Return the bar or dumbbells toward the floor to complete one repetition. The range of motion in this exercise is not big; it is a fairly short upward and downward motion.

2. Reverse Wrist Curls
    Perform this with either a bar or dumbbells. Sit on a bench or chair and rest your forearms on your knees. Hold the bar or dumbbells with an overhand grip, so that your palms face down. Relax your wrists so they drop as far as possible toward the floor, and then raise the bar up and back toward you, while keeping your forearms down on your knees.
    Return the bar or dumbbells toward the floor to complete one repetition. The range of motion in this exercise is not big. It, too, is a fairly short upward and downward motion.

3. Wrist Rolls
    Perform this exercise with a stick that has a rope attached to the middle, and a weight attached to the other end of the rope. Grab the stick with an overhand grip toward each end of the stick.
    Using only your forearms and wrists, roll the rope around the stick until the weight reaches the stick, then roll the rope off the stick until the weight reaches the floor.

4. Wrist Rotations
    Perform this with dumbbells. Sit on a bench or chair and rest your forearms on your knees. Hold the dumbbells with an underhand grip so that your palms face up. Keeping your forearms on your knees, rotate the dumbbells inside until your palms are facing down.
    Rotate the dumbbells outside until your palms are facing up to complete one repetition.
  • msubulldogsfan
    Options
    Thanks for your quick reply! I'll have to try these! :smile: