Activity Level

Options
i'm confused on which i should put down as for my activity level.

this is my routine when i get up in the morning:

40 mins of pilates or turbo jam
jump my weight in jump rope (230)
20 mins on elliptical

then throughout the day i'm hanging out with the kids, cleaning the house ect. 3 nights a week i also go to curves

Replies

• BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    I would start out at sedentary, and then log your exercise.
  • jensocalgirl
    Options
    I tend not to log daily activity. I'm a waitress but usually don't count that. Yes, I'm moving and lifting but my body is so adjusted to it and mentally it might keep me from hitting the gym after if I count that as exercise.
  • jennbarrette
    jennbarrette Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Tara, I am a SAHM, and originally set mine as sedentary, but it wasn't enough cals for me. I switch to moderately active and have been losing steadily since.

For myself, I log all exercise and eat most of my exercise calories.
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Tara, I am a SAHM, and originally set mine as sedentary, but it wasn't enough cals for me. I switch to moderately active and have been losing steadily since.

For myself, I log all exercise and eat most of my exercise calories.

i also set mine at lightly active.
    ditto the rest.
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    I'm a little bit tripped up on this as well... my calorie target is 1,200 but I KNOW that I will eat my own hand if I stick to that....

I sit in an office all day and do over an hour workout almost everyday but that still puts me at 1,200!
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    I'm a little bit tripped up on this as well... my calorie target is 1,200 but I KNOW that I will eat my own hand if I stick to that....

I sit in an office all day and do over an hour workout almost everyday but that still puts me at 1,200!

You get more when you log your exercise calories.
  • kankan213
    kankan213 Posts: 105
    Options
    You are right! I used to use calorie.account.about or whatever and they had it all lumped together. I understand now!
    Thanks, I'm a newb!