Just quit Smoking...anyone else?

Options
2»

Replies

• eileen7316
    eileen7316 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    How are you doing, Phillips? I'm rooting for you!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Smoked a pack a day (easily) for 17 years. I'm 33. I quit cold turkey on Jan 1st. Just over 2 mths smoke free!!! Not easy, but doable!!!! Already feeling sooooooo much better!!!! Feel free to add me!
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    One day at a time,
    One hour at a time,
    One minute at a time.

My husband and I had our last cigarette the first Wed of Aug 2011 ~~ I looked at him and said, I am done, I am not buying anymore smoke, if you want to you can!!

That was it ~~~ it hasn't been easy! The not buying them was actually easier than I thought, but the car rides, the before and after meals etc.. was not easy. We haven't looked back and we both feel alot better. AND with the extra money (well not extra $) but we are treating us to funner things, I got a membership at Curves and a treadmill and he is getting a membership for the Country Club in town.

I is worth it!! and YOU CAN do it.

Car rides!!! After meals!!! Agree! They are STILL hard for me! I've been smoke free for 2 months now after smoking a pack + a day for 17 years! There are my triggers that get me, but ya gotta push thru!
  • phillips529
    phillips529 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    How are you doing, Phillips? I'm rooting for you!

Thank you for your support....I'm on Day 3....
  • tkaawa
    tkaawa Posts: 302
    Options
    I'm quitting on Monday.....supposed to be a couple months ago..but i think i'm ready to finally give it up

they say after your 3rd day it's supposed to be easier..congrats
  • tkaawa
    Options
    I quit on Saturday, that is i had my last cigarette saturday night have been smoke free for 4 days so far and doing well !!

right on...it should be easier from here on out..i'm definitely over it
  • tkaawa
    Options
    21 days as of today.

I just quit cold turkey, I haven't used any patches or nicotine gums.

21days? that's good....cold turkey? i wish i had the power of that..well i know i do..i just wish i could put it into effect...
    it's all mind over matter really..but congrats on your 21days..that's awesome