Crystal light question???

Options
Hello :) I am just wondering if you would add Crystal light servings to your Water servings on your food diary? I am adding it to my meals as it does have some calories. I do get about 4 servings of regular water in but I also drink the same amount of Crystal light a day too. Should I add it to my water diary in addition to the meals or not? Thanks!

Replies

• reztib
    reztib Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem doing it. He is my reasoning. If you drank water and then ate Crystal Light powder separately you could still count your water, wouldn't you? That being said it feels wrong to count anything else beyond that. Maybe tea. But it is hard for me to do it for diet soda. But I guess you could.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Yes. It hydrates you and it counts as water. That's the point of it. :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Everything you drink counts as "water" as far as your body is concerned.
  • Sparkz1920
    Sparkz1920 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I put a crystal light packet in my water and i just put it as my "drinks" area. I count plain water as it, crystal light does have some calories and water is supposed to be one of the purest things on earth, that filters your liver and flushes out toxins and has nohing in it. Crystal light does not count for me. Just my opinion. I also monitor my intake of Splenda and Crystal Light and use both in moderation. Once a week, maybe twice. Not everday
  • mama2shi
    mama2shi Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Absolutely it counts. It is flavored water, but still water.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    As long as you don't go super crazy on it, it should be okay to drink as water. I would track the calories, but you can count it for your water. I personally don't, but that's because I don't do aspertame. I usually try to dilute it in double the water when I drink it now.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    I don't have a problem doing it. He is my reasoning. If you drank water and then ate Crystal Light powder separately you could still count your water, wouldn't you?

100% Agreed.

I also count tea, and soda (on the off chance I drink it, though usually I mix seltzer water with fruit juice) for the exact same reasons.
  • ariant23
    ariant23 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    count it for water, but you dont need to drink 8 cups a day... see my rant here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/514520-stop-drinking-8-cups-of-water-because-it-s-good-and-get

basically, drink it if you want it and are happy, but dont do it b/c your'e "supposed to" you dont need it. ask your doc.