Loose, flabby skin

Options
I have 100 pounds to lose but have 1 big fear. Loose, gross, flabby skin. I worried that the undersides of my arms and my stomach skin will just hang. I'm looking for feedback, who's met that goal or close to it? What did you do to prevent? Will slow loss prevent that?

Replies

• lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    If you lose weight slowly, the skin will tighten back up, within reason. If you lose to quickly, that's when you'll get that hanging skin. So slowly, step-by-step, lose the weight, exercise and drink water (to help the skin heal itself!) and you will not have to worry!
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Everyone will respond differently do to lots of factors like age, amount of weight you have to lose, your skins ability to bounce back... After losing 300 lbs. I can tell you I have no choice but to have skin surgery.. Now some areas I thought I would need intervention have rebounded nicely. Like my arms, chest and neck but my mid-section and inner thighs are BAD and will need intervention... My surgeon says to expect to lose 25 lbs. in my 2 surgeries (tummytuck first and then total body lift) I started strength training early on and lost my weight slow so it did help quite a bit..... Good Luck!!
  • future_marathoner
    future_marathoner Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    i have close to 200 lbs to lose, got about 70 done so far. I use skin tightening wraps every 2 weeks and defining gel every other day. and lotion everyday. I also do a lot of strength training and ab work to help. :)
  • DioneGlenn
    Options
    Thanks for putting this on a message board. I also have 100 to lose. I am also doing it slowly and drinking lots of water.

Thanks!
  • marycmeadows
    marycmeadows Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    i have lost 105lbs - with about 38lbs left to go - and i am noticing my skin tightening up --- I attribute this to strength training.

SW 303.4 (1/1/11)
    CW 198.4
    GW 160
    29 y/o, 5'6''
  • tenas
    tenas Posts: 121
    Options
    My weight loss goal is about 200 lbs but I will gladly accept having loose, flabby skin if it means that I'm healthy.
  • heidiwebs
    heidiwebs Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Everyone will respond differently do to lots of factors like age, amount of weight you have to lose, your skins ability to bounce back... After losing 300 lbs. I can tell you I have no choice but to have skin surgery.. Now some areas I thought I would need intervention have rebounded nicely. Like my arms, chest and neck but my mid-section and inner thighs are BAD and will need intervention... My surgeon says to expect to lose 25 lbs. in my 2 surgeries (tummytuck first and then total body lift) I started strength training early on and lost my weight slow so it did help quite a bit..... Good Luck!!

What an inspiration you are!! Congrats to you. Imagine the years you've added to your life and just as important, the life you've added to your years!