weight watchers

Options
I was just curious. I am thinking of trying weight watchers but I am on the verge of pre-diabetes. Can you do weight watchers being pre diabetic? Any feedback would be very helpful, Thanks!

Replies

• aj_gettingfit
    Options
    I'm sure you can. Have you looked at their website?
  • allybay
    allybay Posts: 17
    Options
    I was just curious. I am thinking of trying weight watchers but I am on the verge of pre-diabetes. Can you do weight watchers being pre diabetic? Any feedback would be very helpful, Thanks!

I am in the same boat as you are, prediabetic, and I also thought of joining weight watchers. The woman that I spoke to was not really much of a help as to explaining how it would work, but my friend explained to me that, it is kinda like counting calories, but they give you points, but in those points, the protein, the carbs and all that are all counted in that point, I guess the higher the calories and all that the higher the points will be. They give you a certain amount of points depending on your weight. The woman who I spoke to was really not knowledgeable at all so that turned me off, well their price per month also turned me off($49) I didnt want to pay that much so I can sit and listen to someone talk and get books to read. but I'm coming around to it, because I realized that if everything is counted for me not just the calories, it would be easier for me to count my sugar and carbs intake..I'm trying Myfitnesspal first, for atleast 2 months if this doesnt work, I'm going to try weight watchers...hope this helps
  • sherrik10
    sherrik10 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Thank you for the input. I think I will stick to MFP for awhile and see what happens. I just keep falling off the wagon and so hard to get back on track.