JUNE STARTERS ~ random weekend chats/brags

Options
Hello all, I've just been hanging out, bored, and thought maybe we should have another chat/brag message.

This weekend I'm going to the Stampede here in Calgary, which means (I don't know if any of you have been but...) MINI DONUTS, corndogs and bad bad bad carnival/fair food! And I don't even plan on denying myself ALL of it. I think I will pick and choose 1 or 2 and then run my butt off.

And here's my brag- I'm going for a run after dinner... the first in many many years... and I can't wait!!! I'm super pumped about it!

So what are you ladies (and gentlemen) up to this weekend??

Replies

• ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    My husband was born in Cananda and we have planned 2 trips to the Calgary Stampede and both trips were canceled due to unforseen circumstances. I hope to make it up there someday! I wouldn't deny myself all that yummy fair food-one weekend won't hurt too much.

My brag: I started hiking again after a 5 year hiatus. I even managed to continue hiking after I saw a snake-I'm so terrified of them.

Enjoy the weekend.
  • jenaranda
    jenaranda Posts: 32
    Options
    Enjoy all that yummy food

I have a busy weekend--Saturday we are doing Habitat for Humanity at work, then I have a baby shower and a wedding to attend. My Sunday my husband and I have lots of yard work to do.

Have a good weekend
  • slimmingmom
    slimmingmom Posts: 297
    Options
    Going to my in-laws this weekend :sad: Lol, no, it's not actually that bad. Whenever we go there though it's ALWAYS pizza or something else oh so delicous but oh so bad for my bum, bum :laugh: But, i've known about going over there the entire week and I havn't been "sinful" once. My hubby has offered me soda and CAKE :noway: and i've turned him down both times becuase of the pizza. And I plan to only have one peice and I hope they've got salad :happy: So, I guess i'm pretty proud that i've planned ahead for the pizza and making sure i'll stay still within my calories still!!!
  • jklm
    jklm Posts: 281
    Options
    Going to my in-laws this weekend :sad: Lol, no, it's not actually that bad. Whenever we go there though it's ALWAYS pizza or something else oh so delicous but oh so bad for my bum, bum :laugh: But, i've known about going over there the entire week and I havn't been "sinful" once. My hubby has offered me soda and CAKE :noway: and i've turned him down both times becuase of the pizza. And I plan to only have one peice and I hope they've got salad :happy: So, I guess i'm pretty proud that i've planned ahead for the pizza and making sure i'll stay still within my calories still!!!

Sounds like you're taking good care of yourself. Fantastic! Planning ahead is the hardest thing for me to do. Right now, my husband wants to know if I want a steak for dinner, but really I'm not hungry, but of course, I'm considering having the steak, Just because it's there. But you've inspired me to not have it. I will go make a healthy tuna salad with all the leftover veggies, No bread. Thanks for the good example!
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I found techniques this week that is improving my jogging. I thought you just threw on some shoes, warmed up and went at it. WRONG! :noway:

I never knew there was so much to it- now I don't feel so bad about being a horrible jogger in the past.

I told the trainer at the gym that I jogged (he knows I was in a wheelchair ouat) and he was really excited for me. That impacted me because it's something special when a professional tells you what you did is impressive.

My goal this weekend is to EAT. I'm going to be exercising (like I always do) but I'm going to really work hard at eating. We borrowed some money so we could buy food and we bought caloricly dense food. It'll make it a lot easier to reach my calories. I think that may be why I've sortof plateud a bit.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Eat some corn dogs and go for a run! lol :flowerforyou:
  • katealim
    katealim Posts: 45
    Options
    I just went to the stampede on Wed. I knew I would go over...I mean they have deep fried jelly beans for crying out loud...ohh and deep fried oreos, funnel cake, corn dogs. But don't sweat it. If you walk around the grounds for 5 hours or so your gonna burn about 1,000 cals. YAHOO!
    I was happy to see that on the scale I didn't gain anything and I had a half a corn dog, half a funnel cake and a foot long hot dog...YUMMY! I wouldn't recommend this on a regular basis of course...but it is only once a year.
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I just went to the stampede on Wed. I knew I would go over...I mean they have deep fried jelly beans for crying out loud...ohh and deep fried oreos, funnel cake, corn dogs. But don't sweat it. If you walk around the grounds for 5 hours or so your gonna burn about 1,000 cals. YAHOO!
    I was happy to see that on the scale I didn't gain anything and I had a half a corn dog, half a funnel cake and a foot long hot dog...YUMMY! I wouldn't recommend this on a regular basis of course...but it is only once a year.
    Yummy. Funnel cakes sound so delicious.
  • chuseman
    chuseman Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    this is a busy weekend! bbq tonight where i ate dairyqueen ice cream cake :noway: . it looked toooo good and tasted good too. Baby shower tomorrow, my puppy's first vet apt (he's only 8 weeks old... soo cute). Bear paw festival, UFC 100 at my uncles( where there with be lots of beer must resist!). Sunday catch up on the sleep i missed during the week and make my monthly trip to costco.

my brag this week: I actually made it to the gym 4 times this week!! :bigsmile:
  • AlmostHot
    AlmostHot Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I ran this morning! it was only for 5 minutes but i ran!!!! yay:laugh: yay:laugh: yay, I have spent 6 weeks preparing myself to start running and i finally got to run, cant wait to do more now.:happy:

But on the down side I have been eating like crap all afternoon:grumble: not over my calories yet though, I guess I'll go drink heaps of water and have a cup of soup for dinner!:tongue: