Motivating Coworkers

Options
My work is getting ready to start a health challenge and the corp office has been less than stellar about motivating people to get involved. Anyone have any ideas on how to motivate coworkers who would like to become healthier but don't have that extra little push to commit? They don't have Internet access, so getting them on MFP is out of the question. Office challenge ideas (over a 6 month period) or weekly challenge ideas?

Replies

• vahlkyree
    vahlkyree Posts: 10
    Options
    My employer sponsored a month of exercise type thing - no "challenge" or anything, but they sent out weekly emails with different exercises that can be done at your desk. There were also posters encouraging participation. It was simple, and really up to the employees discretion to do or not.

They did also provide a calendar month to print out and track what exercises you'd done, which could then be turned in at the end for a prize drawing (small prizes, but still nice).
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    We did too...a weekly inspiring message, a recipe, and an exercise idea. Since ya'll don't have computers a message board??? Text???
    They also had a weekly outing...a walk around the block a 15min Zumba we did and/or stretching we did also...We also had a brown bag lunch to talk about nutrition...just 20-30 minutes.
    The most fun one to me was a jump rope contest...who could do the most cycles in a minute and got a prize...I think it was a nice lunch box with all the small boxes in it for different foods. Cute.
  • Geeky_Girl
    Geeky_Girl Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Great ideas! Thank you :happy: