Advice For Wanting To Quit

Options
I am eating less calories a day than what myfitnesspal is telling me to, I am working out and I am not seeing progress like I should. I should be losing at least 2 pounds a week and I am losing a measly half pound instead. I am really seeing no progress and it makes me just want to quit. Also, my husband is doing this with me and we started at the same time and he has lost 15 pounds! And I have only lost 8. I need motivation, and some advice because I am simply running out of positive thinking for losing weight. I feel like I am killing myself to lose the weight. I am starving all the time and I don't eat the foods I love any more. Are there any pills I can take that could help speed my weight loss along? Any advice for me?

Replies

• squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/6556-the-answers-to-the-questions

hope that helps.

:)

good luck, and educate yourself! it's the best thing you can do!
  • beccadaniixox
    beccadaniixox Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Are you eating below 1200 cals?
    You're probably under eating.
    Up your cals.
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Search healthy eating. Get a food scale. Skip the processed and junk food. Drink lots of water. Take it slow.
  • ItsMeRebekah
    ItsMeRebekah Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    Well first i would say NEVER compare your body to anybody else. You are you. Second, how low cals are we talking here? I dont think you should not eat foods you like, that will make you go nuts on those foods and derail your progress.
    Third, there is no magic pill or we would all be hotties hahaha Next, are you exercising? When my scale hates me i try and focus on my clothes and the look of my body. I have been trying hard to find happiness in that.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    How can you equate 8lbs lost to "no progress"?

If your husband is heavier than you he will lose faster. If he's eating closer to his calorie goal (rather than starving himself) he will lose faster. If he's eating lower sodium he will lose faster. If he's working out harder he will lose faster. And (not much you can do about this one) if he's male... he will lose faster.

Best advice comes from the temple of poi...

Principle III: Utilize Self-to-Self comparisons instead of comparing yourself to others.
    Principle III is designed to help each student understand that comparison to other people is, essentially, pointless. Because each of us has gone through different journeys to get where we are; because each of us has different strengths and weaknesses; because each of us is unique in all that we are from each other, comparison of one person’s accomplishment to another person’s accomplishment is a meaningless equation because there is nothing equivalent that can be compared.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    It really hurts when I see people complaining about losing weight slowly. Ive been on a plateau for 20 months and have all the non-scale victories I want, but I'd give anything to lose a consistent 2 pounds a month.

Be glad that you wont have all the extra skin that comes sometimes when you lose it too quickly! Use this time to invest in your skin and your physical hobbies. Getting your dream body is about more than the number, there are so many other things o handle along the way.

Good luck!
  • TaileighP
    Options
    Thank you all! It is exactly what I needed, just a little encouragement goes a long way! You guys are the best! Off to Zumba! :tongue: