What do u think.

Options
jameslucy
jameslucy Posts: 85 Member
Was just wondering if any of you believe that our life is planned out for us and if something is meant to be it will happen against all odds or do you think we are in charge of our own destiny.

Replies

• fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    there is no fate but which we make
  • the_journeyman
    the_journeyman Posts: 1,877 Member
    Options
    It's hard to know. It's possible there is some soft of grand plan. I've survived a couple things that should have left me dead. One being totaling a motorcycle going about 100MPH and walking away. Seems there was something I hadn't yet accomplished that I'm supposed to do.

JM
  • _binary_jester_
    _binary_jester_ Posts: 2,132 Member
    Options
    Random atoms bumping into each other.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I believe we are in charge. 100%

I also think this thread has major trainwreck potential, and I shall be watching.
  • wendyannie1976
    wendyannie1976 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I believe there is one main end (well we all die at some point - don't we??) but there are many paths, twists and turns that we can take along the main path of our life, each different path taken leads us to meet new people for a long or a short time, every experience we have changes the path we next decide to follow.
  • morgthom75
    morgthom75 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I think some things are meant to be, but for the most part, we control our own fates.

.... Also, I agree this is going to be a train wreck fast..... should be entertaining.
  • KateCon912
    KateCon912 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Our fate is up to us. There is no script.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    No one is 100% in control of their life, that's just not how things work (e.g. you can be careful, take care of yourself, and still get hit by a drunk driver and die at a young age), but I don't believe there is a big man in the sky planning things out either.