help plan healthy take-a-long-meals?

Options
what do you guys bring to eat on the go? hot things, cold things, snack things?
I usually bring chobani yogurt, cashews, sometimes an orange or other piece of fruit
peanuts, prunes, luna bars, sometimes hommus with veggies.

let's get posting!!

Replies

• AuntieMC
    AuntieMC Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Just marking my place so I can find this again! I could really use some healthy take-along ideas!
  • cpotter4
    cpotter4 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    smoothies, fruit, veggie sticks, fig bars, nuts, twizzlers (fun size), sugar free apple sauce, light wheat toast with a tablespoon of peanut butter, light wheat toast with honey and cinnamon.
  • soymilkcoffee
    Options
    Sliced apples in a small container
    Yogurt with Kashi Go Lean Crunch on top
    Baby spinach salad with grilled chicken or fish, sliced cucumbers, cherry tomatoes and feta cheese
    Vegetable rotini pasta with grilled shrimp, black olives and light Italian dressing
  • Boshnivay
    Boshnivay Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    these are sounding yummy!! keep 'em coming :)
  • Fit_Mama84
    Fit_Mama84 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Lolli1986
    Lolli1986 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    bananas.

I often keep a bag of nuts at work.

I am really bad at this stuff. haha.

Do you have access to a fridge? (or live somewhere cold)

I like the hommus and veggies idea - i'd add some whole grain dry biscuits to that to make it a meal.

ooh! i used to love having a brocoli, cauliflour, carrot salad with vinegar and olive oil... i think those were the ingredients... i'd add some of those little tins of tuna to round it out to a proper small meal.
  • ByrdBarajas
    ByrdBarajas Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Bump!
  • Boshnivay
    Boshnivay Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    yessah i have a fridge in my apartment, and when i am in the studio for 8 hours at a time, i just bring a lil lunch box with cold packs in it if i want to bring something cold. i also have a thermos, so i should be putting that to use to!
  • Karenlaw30
    Options
    almonds are good i am a mindset change to think healthy life not a diet i have with a 170lbs.to lose thats an entire person i'm about to shed...investing in thing that i saw as unnecessary now becomes a necessity anything that make it covenant to lose we must go that extra mile.new take along plastic wear,food storage bags, to bag up your snacks like trail mix,Cheerios,dried fruit.. so you can grab and go ..or bake your chicken breasts and weigh them out on your new FOOD SCALE