New here and need a weight loss buddy!

Options
I'm new! I'm Amanda, a mother of three and education teacher/administrator. I have currently about 30 pounds to lose and would love a weekly weigh-in buddy to help me!

Replies

• Liiindy
    Liiindy Posts: 1
    Options
    Hello Amanda,
    My name is Linda and a newly diagnosed type 2 diabetic. I would like to lose approximately 50 pounds. I am also hypothyroid which makes it difficult to lose but since being diagnosed as diabetic last week I have been extremely careful....it would be wonderful to have someone with whom to 'weigh in'!!!! Friends and family often just fluff off the weight issue. I am newly retired after 24 years of work. I have a son and daughter as well as a 4 year old granddaughter.
  • kctus3
    kctus3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hello Amanda-
    I'm Cassi and I just joined too. I work in education too..I am the sign language interpreter coordinator for a large school district here in Arizona. We will be heading back to work soon and I'm preparing for all the "goodies" everyone brings in and the rush of hurry, hurry meals so I don't fall victim to them. :)

I'd love to have a weigh in buddy! My goal is to lose 45 pounds...I am currently at 189. I love this site and the tools are great. Another two sites I am using to convert food measurements and get recipes are sparkpeople.com and ez-calculators.com. Maybe you will find them helpful too! :)

Good luck and get going...now is the time to do something for yourself! We have put if off way too long...job, kids, family, stress.....let's take back our lives NOW!!!

You can do this!

Cassi
  • minnie_mouse
    Options
    Hey, Cassi and Linda! So excited to have a couple of weight loss buddies! When ya'll wanna weigh in!
  • OnMyWeigh
    OnMyWeigh Posts: 252 Member
    Options
    I am apparently having technical difficulties with my ticker....
  • toots99
    toots99 Posts: 3,794 Member
    Options
    You can look around on here if you want to join a weekly weigh in group that is already formed (of course, you can always make your own group too!). There are a few groups that do a weekly weigh in.

Welcome, and good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • OnMyWeigh
    Options
    Hello ladies!

My name is Randi. I am an Accountant in Idaho and would love to join the 3 of you weighing in each week. I am 32 and weigh 235 (ouch!!!). My ultimate weight goal is 175. I know it will take some time but I have to do it for myself and my family... I get what Amanda said about family fluffing the issue. My husband says he hadn't noticed the weight gain that much but I was only 190 when we met 5 years ago. We can do this, and doing it together should be an interesting journey.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love this site if you don't already. I :heart: it here. This site is so motivational, helpful, supportive, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you that I hope you have a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • kctus3
    Options
    How about let's weigh in on Sunday mornings? Can we give each other email addresses or set up a group? It's hard to find the old posts and I dont' want to lose track of you all. :)
    My email is cassimccord1@gmail.com....email me on my account with your info and we can set up a group. :)

Take care!
    Cassi
  • OnMyWeigh
    Options
    Hi Ladies,

I started a topic this morning in the motivation section asking for weigh in buddies and there are 2 other people over there who would like a weigh in group/ buddies as well. The topic subject was "Looking for weigh in buddies" we should all combine. More ideas, more motivation, better success for all of us. We should come up wih a name so we can track our message board easier. Also, if we keep the same subject and title it's easier to select the topic in "My topics"!!

I think Sunday is perfect it will keep us aware of what we are doing over the weekends....my biggest grazing risk days...:devil:
  • jigs
    jigs Posts: 70
    Options
    I'd like to join the group. I started MFP a couple weeks ago and weigh myself on Sunday mornings.
    Christina
  • allieP
    allieP Posts: 16
    Options
    Hi,
    I am Allie, I joined Yesterday. Is it best to do weekly weigh ins? I thought daily would be good....I was 152 when I looked at the scale upon signing in yesterday. I hope I see a drop Friday when I do it again!
  • pickles77
    pickles77 Posts: 47
    Options
    Hi,
    My name is Kim and I am new to MFP! I would love to join your weigh in group. I also agree that Sundays are a great day to weigh in! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

242349.png

Starting Weight: 172.2
    Current Weight: 172.1
    Goal Weight: 120
  • babybella
    babybella Posts: 7
    Options
    I am new here and starting my weight loss program today ( I won't say diet!!) Would love to join the weigh-in group as well.

I am a mother to a 5 year old beautiful girl, married to a wonderful man and I live in Arizona. Looking forward to this exciting journey with you all.....sending out positive thoughts to you all this week!!!

Cassi - I will email you my email address.
  • kctus3
    Options
    Hello All...OK...I'm posing a group called Sunday Successes.....I'll post it in motivation....go there...reply and it will keep it in your "my topics tab"...then we can start tomorrow. See you all online. Stay stong ladies...do it for yourselves! :) Good luck everyone.
    Cassi
  • sineadm09
    sineadm09 Posts: 113
    Options
    welcome!