Lost 7lbs in 5 days!

Options
I've been using MFP for 5 days... I weighed myself 5 days ago and I was at 165lbs..weighed myself this morning and I'm at 158lbs. Is that even possible?

I'm on the 1200 calories diet and I work out on my elliptical machine every day burning off about 400 calories..and I'm staying below my calorie goal every night.

I'm guess my scale is broken because I've never lost so much weight so quickly..or that it is even possible?

Replies

• jjoseph329
    jjoseph329 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Yes it is possible...Good job..keep it up
  • RileeMarie
    RileeMarie Posts: 113
    Options
    I've been using MFP for 5 days... I weighed myself 5 days ago and I was at 165lbs..weighed myself this morning and I'm at 158lbs. Is that even possible?

I'm on the 1200 calories diet and I work out on my elliptical machine every day burning off about 400 calories..and I'm staying below my calorie goal every night.

I'm guess my scale is broken because I've never lost so much weight so quickly..or that it is even possible?

Good Job.. I am no expert but I fill everyone is different and we all loose weight or inches faster than some.. Good job though..Be proud of yourself..
  • gaia3rd
    gaia3rd Posts: 151
    Options
    Sure it's possible. Don't mean to be a downer, but please tell me that 1200 calories is net and you're eating at least SOME of your exercise calories back - otherwise I don't think you're going to be a happy camper down the road.
  • nicollerodgers
    nicollerodgers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Here is my info from MFP from yesterday,

Goal: 1200
    Food: +1329
    Exercise: -530
    Net: 799

Am I doing everything correctly and safely? I'm still new to MFP, I've only been using it for a week..., what do you all think? And thank you for the kind words!
  • madyncaden
    madyncaden Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    your net really needs to be 1200. it may work well now and shock your body, but in the long run your body will rebell without all the cals it needs. not that you did bad, just need more direction with this. it has been over a year with me and i am still learning! great workout and intake tho:)
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    Hi! I also don't mean to be a debbie downer, but at the beginning there is usually a good amount of water loss, so the numbers are exaggerated. However it's still really good and weight that will probably not come back on. Netting 800 is pretty low, at your size, anything more than about 1 lb a week is being a bit extreme, although if you are tied to 2 lb per week and not miserable, go for it.

You should weigh yourself again in a week and if you lose more than what you deem to be safe (1 or 2 lb) again, then increase your intake.
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    When I first started I lost about 5 pounds in the 1st week. I just got rid of all the water that I was retaining. Eventually our body gets used to the change....and the loss slows down.
    In terms of eating back or not to eat back exercise calories.....it seems like everyone is different. I have been doing this for nearly one year now, and I have not regularily eaten back my exercise calories and it has worked for me. But my weight lost has slowed down alot these last couple of weeks (it could be as i am nearing my goal weight)....but I am going to switch things up a bit and start eating more of my exercise calories. Listen to your body. If you are hungry, then eat.
  • nicollerodgers
    nicollerodgers Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    All the replies are internesting. Kind of sucks that its only water weight..but I don't want to "shock" my body into to losing weight. But I didn't know that I should be eating all way back up to 1200 calories?

Don't get me wrong, I'm hungry A lot, usually at night after dinner..but don't I want to keep my calorie count down so I lose wight?

I'm confused, but I want to do things correct and safely..
  • sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    If you are hungry at dinner time, try to eat more filling food. I find having more proteins at dinner time really helps to keep me full. I also have healthy snacks around the house for times when I get hungry in the eveings...things such as hummus and crackers, or hummus and carrots, nuts, greek yogurt with fruit. The 1st couple of weeks things are trial and error. See what works for you and eventually you'll get used to everything.
  • Awkward30
    Awkward30 Posts: 1,927 Member
    Options
    If you want to do it safely, do it slowly. Try to get your weight loss between 1 and 2 pounds a week and if you find you are consistently losing more, up your calories. Every body is different, so you have to find what works for you. On a completely sedentary day, I'll burn 1700 calories, so 1200 is the max I can eat and lose weight, on a long run day I'll have a 1000+ calorie deficit after eating 1k calories. I got a bodybugg so I could really eat up to a 500 cal deficit. It seems to be really accurate as long as I'm not on the pill (when I am, it's simply impossible to lose weight. Lost 5 lbs over 4 months)