ZWOW Group?

Options
oddyogi
oddyogi Posts: 1,816 Member
Hey guys,

It's been awhile since I've been active in the MFP forums. Heck, I've been having a hard time finding motivation to use MFP at all! But I think I am finally at the point where I am ready to get back into my clean eating and badass fitness regime. I've only gained about 8 pounds since I fell off the wagon thanks to divorce, but I still have goals and I know there are others like me out there. :smile:

ANYWAY, my friend told me about BodyRock.TV and I checked it out. I noticed some continuity issues between the lead girls.. there was Zuzana, which seemed to be the original, and Lisa, who is the new girl I guess. I dunno. After looking at the workouts and deciding that I like Zuzana better, I'm now following her YouTube channel where she uploads a new workout each week. These workouts look brutal as ****. I'm going to start doing them at least five days a week, starting tonight, when I get home from work.

Is anyone else interested in doing these with me? I would love to have some support! Let's do this!

www.youtube.com/zuzkalight is her youtube channel. :smile:

Best of luck to us!

Replies

• oddyogi
    Options
    Btw, ZWOW stands for Zuzana's Workout of the Week. Also, free bump.. haha.
  • oddyogi
    Options
    one more bump..
  • Kekibird
    Kekibird Posts: 1,122 Member
    Options
    Was a BodyRocker till Freddy and Zuzana split and she left. Now that she has her own channel I follow and if I can't hit the gym, I fit in her workouts at home.

Love Zuzana!
  • sarahsnowgirl
    sarahsnowgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I just did one one of Zuzana's older workouts off BR last night. There's still all her old videos on there. I've also done one new ZWOW and it was crazy. I'm gonna try ZWOW 7 next. Between the two I prefer her more, but I do still like BR for all the content it has going on.
  • oddyogi
    Options
    Bodyrock definitely interested me, but I dislike the fact that you have to have a lot of expensive equipment. I will definitely look into doing older BR workouts with Zuzana when I run out of ZWOW's to do. I did #1 last night and I'll be doing #2 this afternoon. :)
  • Laura_Ivy
    Laura_Ivy Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    I don't like the new girl and just ran into her channel a couple days ago. I am really scared to try her workouts since I feel like I am doing it all wrong. I want to try them though. Can you suggest one that is good for starters?
  • oddyogi
    Options
    I don't like the new girl and just ran into her channel a couple days ago. I am really scared to try her workouts since I feel like I am doing it all wrong. I want to try them though. Can you suggest one that is good for starters?

Honestly any of them. I can't go all the way down on one leg so for ZWOW'S 1 I did one-legged chair squats instead. Just do your best, keep pushing hard, and try to beat your time the next time you do it. :)
  • sarahsnowgirl
    sarahsnowgirl Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I bought a sandbag and have the interval timer. I do believe even with the bars they use on BR they provide modifications, however I haven't tried any of the newer workouts on there. I probably wouldn't ever buy the bars bc I just don't have room for them. However, the way they film the ZWOW vidoes right now is kind of annoying and I'm hoping this improves. I love Zuzana.

I'll try the ZWOW 7 workout tomorrow and let you know how it goes.
  • oddyogi
    Options
    I've down ZWOWs 1-3 and I plan on doing 4 tonight. I have to admit it looks very intimidating. Eek.

I don't mind the way they film the workouts.. I suppose it's because I just look to see what exercises I'm supposed to do and then go do them. I don't follow along in the video because I like to listen to my own music--really loud. :)
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Is there a Group for this to join or just this thread?
    I watched some of her videos yesterday and will be trying one out (when I get the courage!) So wondered if there was a group to join to help encourage (ie. Talk me into doing it!!)
  • GMC_81
    GMC_81 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    In answer to my own question....
    A Group can be found here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/2604-zuzana-light-zwow
  • oddyogi
    Options
    Oh wow.. I didn't realize MFP had implemented the Groups! Awesome, I just joined. :) Thanks for the link!
  • sunsetwest
    sunsetwest Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I am basically a weight-training novice, and I just do what I can with the ZWOWs. I go all the way and modify if needed. I'm getting stronger every week, I can feel it!

If you look for charliejames1975's channel on YouTube and sort by date uploaded oldest first, you'll see Zuzana's BodyRock workouts from back in the day. I've been pinning her oldie but goodies onto one of my Pinterest boards to archive (and give her some exposure - she deserves it!). I do Zuzka workouts every other day and yoga on the days between. This has been working really well. I've done all of the ZWOWs and I look forward to them every week!
  • oddyogi
    Options
    That's awesome. :) I want to do some of her older workouts without all the equipment, but I'm trying to do only ZWOW's for the month of march, 5-6 days a week with doing something active on my rest day. I'm loving it so far. I'm definitely getting way stronger, and I took some 2 weeks progress pics and I can definitely tell a difference around my midsection! Yay :)