Fitbit

Options
Hi -

I'm just curious if anyone uses the Fitbit ultra tracker? I'm contemplating buying one, but would like some feedback from people that have/do use it first.

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    You won't regret it!! I absolutely love mine. When mine broke, I was having withdrawls until they shipped me my replacement one (no charge). LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!
  • juliekaiser1988
    juliekaiser1988 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    And it syncs beautifully with MFP!!
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    That is great to hear! Thank you!
  • busym0m
    busym0m Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I got one in February. I like knowing how much I've walked and how many stairs I've climbed. I loved the idea of it integrating with MFP and I did that for a couple of weeks. Problem is that it had me eating too many calories for a 2 lb Weight loss per week. I use Jillian michaels formula and eat 1400 calories a day. Fit bit was having me eat several hundred more as was MFP. I no longer have it integrate with MFP. I'd probably still buy another one even without the integration. It's a good motivator to keep moving and it's very accurate. Some people have mentioned issues with it adding steps while in the car but I haven't had an issue. Maybe I have smoother roads! :)
  • LilBelieve
    Options
    bump
  • MrsORourke
    MrsORourke Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    What does "bump" mean?
  • Clemsonlkg
    Clemsonlkg Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I just got mine yesterday and already I love it! I love seeing how much activity I am getting. It really motivates me!
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post - I have been contemplating a fitbit. This just reconfirms my idea on getting one
  • Balice57
    Balice57 Posts: 125
    Options
    Mine is on its way and I'm excited to put it to work. In the meantime, I discovered Endomondo, which is a free application for my phone. It tracks distance, speed and elevations.
  • nilleah
    nilleah Posts: 177
    Options
    I love my fitbit! I think it's a great purchase :)
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,401 MFP Moderator
    Options
    What does "bump" mean?

It generally means someone is interested in the answers or wants to read later.
  • Teenamarie_36
    Options
    I love the fit bit ultra. if anything happens to mine, I will have another before sundown. Sync great to mfp, monitors sleep patterns, food habits, stair climbs, and I have the premium option which is $40.00 more a year and it gives a weekly report of food, sleep, acitivity logs. I also have other friends on fit bit I compete with to see who can get the most steps and activity level the highest. It has a premium trainer which is a weekly increase in goal of the amount of steps to take. I love it!!!!!! I have recommended to it all my friends, who are willing to listen :)
  • Jamotto
    Jamotto Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I got mine last week. I already find myself trying to take the stairs more at work and walk some extra steps so I can earn daily badges. I think it's a great motivator! And I love that the website is free! I used to have a bodybugg but had so many issues with their website (which I had to pay for) not working that I gave up. So far, no complaints with the fitbit :-)
  • KatyE213
    KatyE213 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I've had mine about six weeks now, and I absolutely love it and love the way it works with MFP. Brilliant!! :smile:
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I like mine a lot but I LOVE the customer service. I emailed them about mine mysteriously not functioning properly and even though I did not technically buy it (I received it as part of a promotion) they are shipping me a new one. It should be here tomorrow :) I did have to explain the problems and send them some pictures for proof but they were quick to respond and very friendly about it.
  • Harper0618
    Harper0618 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I bought my fitbit a few weeks ago but really started using it Monday. It pushes you to take extra steps and take the stairs more. I have gone over 10,000 steos everyday this week and even hit 15,000 on Wednesday. You earn badges for the more you do. I also love the sleep chart. So happy I bought the fitbit. FYI- Best Buy has them in pink and blue for $99.99 and you can get a 2 year replacement for $12.95.
  • htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    I had the first fitbit, not the ultra. First one broke, cracked in half one day. Customer service emailed me a second one. Four months later, it broke in the exact same spot. I wore it as instructed, wasn't rough with it. I miss my fitbit, but I was very disappointed that it kept breaking on me. Maybe they started making them more durable...
  • redmapleleaf
    redmapleleaf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit and I do love it but as a PP noted I've stop syncing mine to MFP. It seemed to be adding too many calories. I use it to make sure I get my step count in.
  • misswallie2u
    misswallie2u Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I was just researching these this morning! I am continplating getting one also. I just wasn't sure if it would be worth the money or not.

sounds like it's pretty great by all the comments.
  • SCUBAMomofTwo
    Options
    just because the fitbit adds the calories to your daily total that doesn't mean you have to eat them.

I don't have a fitbit (thinking of asking for it for mothers day) but when I add my exercises here I feel like the calories burned are WAY exagerated....so, I just don't eat them all. It's working for me.....