A question for the women

Options
TamTastic
TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
Ok, a weird topic but probably one that at least some of the women can relate to.

Anyway, I have lost a lot of weight and am still losing...and of course between weight gain/loss and pregnancy, my stomach is pretty deflated right now. I am working to tighten it up as much as I can but I don't think it's ever going to be super taut.....nor am I expecting it. I mean, going from 270....and having a baby, etc....it's just what happens.

HOWEVER, I am sure it IS affecting how clothes fit and what sizes I can (and will be able to) get into. I mean, my legs and butt, etc are recovering fine..but my stomach is probably going to keep me in a bigger size unless I either get surgery on it one day OR use something to tighten it up. Have any of you had experience with this and what have you used to help? Like spanx, etc??

Thanks!
Tami

Replies

• TamTastic
    Options
    Ok, a weird topic but probably one that at least some of the women can relate to.

Anyway, I have lost a lot of weight and am still losing...and of course between weight gain/loss and pregnancy, my stomach is pretty deflated right now. I am working to tighten it up as much as I can but I don't think it's ever going to be super taut.....nor am I expecting it. I mean, going from 270....and having a baby, etc....it's just what happens.

HOWEVER, I am sure it IS affecting how clothes fit and what sizes I can (and will be able to) get into. I mean, my legs and butt, etc are recovering fine..but my stomach is probably going to keep me in a bigger size unless I either get surgery on it one day OR use something to tighten it up. Have any of you had experience with this and what have you used to help? Like spanx, etc??

Thanks!
    Tami
  • elliott062907
    elliott062907 Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat, no matter how much I loose I will have a small 2 inch pooch. I have consulted a plastic surgeon and my insurance and before the durgery, "if I do it", I have to loose all my weight first.

What happens is, during pregnancy, the muscled tear and expand and some don't go back to normal. So that's my case, I have a torn muscle that is permanent and only surgery will correct it.
  • sculley
    sculley Posts: 2,012 Member
    Options
    me too u can tell i am getting defined except for my post preggo pouch/extra skin that covers up my csec scar. it really sucks
  • KristieT
    KristieT Posts: 49
    Options
    i wonder the same thing. I had a C Section 3 years ago and I have not been able to get my stomach back like it use to be....Its still loose and I have been workin much harder trying to get it toned up but i just wonder will if ever get there. I know people wear spandex to help shape the body. I don't wear it but i have thought about it.......I was always told to wear spandex or something after the baby to help your stomach go back flat.
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Since you asked, spanx really does work. I've gotten to the point where I only wear them if I'm wearing something like a form-fitting dress. (I have low stomach extra skin...but no pregnancy, so I can't vouch for that) It never fails that someone asks "have you lost more weight?" so, they're doing something. They're too expensive (IMO) for everyday, but for certain ocassions, they're worth it.

:flowerforyou:
  • KristieT
    KristieT Posts: 49
    Options
    Since you asked, spanx really does work. I've gotten to the point where I only wear them if I'm wearing something like a form-fitting dress. (I have low stomach extra skin...but no pregnancy, so I can't vouch for that) It never fails that someone asks "have you lost more weight?" so, they're doing something. They're too expensive (IMO) for everyday, but for certain ocassions, they're worth it.

:flowerforyou:
    [/quote

Where did you get your spandex from?
  • arubabound
    Options
    Spanx works...you can get them at Kohls...or try online.......I've got the same C-sec muscle prob...had three....but only time i use my spanx is if the dress is a bit "clingy"....you know that jersey fabric that shows EVERY flaw......too much of a pain for everyday
  • tiangelah
    tiangelah Posts: 144
    Options
    WHAT IS SPANX,
  • peej76
    peej76 Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    When I lost a significant amount of weight, I was so excited that my pants size was getting smaller and smaller, but didn't love how you could see the jiggly portion of my tummy through my shirt. So while I was wearing smaller pants, I found myself wearing big shirts still to hide it. I wore a bustier a couple of times if I was really dressing up but it wasn't something I wanted to wear everyday. Hopefully this time around I'll be able to tighten up abit more!
  • auntkaren
    auntkaren Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I was raised during the era of when everyone wore girdles and I hated them. I am sure that this spanx is going to be the same , have you thought of buying panties with tummy control, perhaps go to JC Penny's or some clothing store at a mall and try some different ones on to see. It may be just enough that you need without feeling your being bunched up so tight. If you ever wore a girdle you know what I mean. Can't wait to get it off so you can breath again. :happy:
  • meme2018
    meme2018 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I love Spanx I wear them all the time. You can buy them at Lane Bryant or on the Spanx site. Target has a brand in their stores that are made by the same Lady but they aren't call Spanx I'm sorry but I can't remember what they are called. They are just as good.:smile::drinker: :drinker:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    the ones at target are called "Assets".
  • jenbar
    jenbar Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Holy cow! You're not the only one! My stomach is so gross, it looks like a 10 lb. piece of pizza dough that a cat thought was a scratching post!!!
    Even if I had a tummy tuck, you will STILL see all my stretch marks, they went so high! (10 & 11 lb. babies:grumble: :frown: )
    It looks like a balloon that is half way deflated. It will never go away. I am slowly coming to realization and comfort with my battle wounds. As long as I can tuck a shirt in some day, I'll live with this yucky looking tummy!
    Jennifer
  • Soniabruja
    Options
    When i had my first baby i had csec. (he was 6lb)
    2 years latter i had another boy, 7lb....
    between the 2 pregnancies and the csec. my tummy looks weird!!
    I used to have a lovely flat tommy....Not any-more!!!!:mad:
    I hope with the yoga and body sculpturing, I will have a flatter tummy than now!!!
    (I keep dreaming:noway: !!!!!!)
    Sonia
  • natileebee
    Options
    I'm so glad you ladies are posting this info. I always thought my body was weird. After the first baby, I lost a huge amount of weight and had the saggy pouch of skin, plus stretch marks that go way up. Since the second baby, I've yet to lose all the weight, but know I'll be in the same boat as before. I'd have to wear bigger clothes to "hide" the extra skin, but on special occasions (as other mentioned) I'd use shapers to hold it in. I've thought about surgery, but I'll still have the stretch marks. I've had to come to terms with the fact that this is my body now and I must celerabate it. This stomach held my babies at one point. I even got my belly button pierced to show myself I'm okay with my body. Of course, I'll never show it to anyone! But I know it's there. That doesn't mean I won't stop trying to lose the weight. I can hide marks and some flabby skin, but I can't hide big "rolls" and wide hips! :tongue: Plus, I'm working towards a healthier me this year. Love yourself today ladies so you can love the ones around you. :heart:
  • ms_michelle2006
    Options
    I am going from 270 too and I have the same problem, as far as i can tell you those muscles are never normal again and the answer would be a tummy tuck...thats what im dreaming of someday...nice to not fee:flowerforyou: l alone
  • TamTastic
    Options
    Well that settles it! After I "hopefully" have another baby (going to start trying in the fall), I am going to look into getting a tuck!! LOL! Hey, that flabby skin probably adds extra lbs too!!! LOL!

Yeah, my skin has suffered from my weight gain/loss and pregnancy...but it's ok!! :)!! I will be great and I have a wonderful 16 month old that I would do it ALL over again for! :)
  • mondaythroughsunday
    Options
    Great discussion! It is such a relief to know I am not the only one!