Alcohol

Options

Replies

• secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    Clear alcohol (vodka, gin). No soda/fruit juice as a mixer. Enjoy a martini :) Or straight vodka works LOL
  • ScienceMom77
    ScienceMom77 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Bacardi is about 69 empty calories per ounce.

But they are happy empty calories :)

*like*
  • jimmacdonald
    jimmacdonald Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    skinny tea vodka
  • cbaylis
    cbaylis Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    MGD 64 is good for me
  • motivationforme
    Options
    Mike's Hard Lemonade Light
  • sammielou99
    sammielou99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    lol that bbc website is shocking! almost enough to put me off!!
  • kschudy
    kschudy Posts: 17
    Options
    I like vodka and 5 calorie diet cranberry, or vodka diet tonic with lime.
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I like vodka and soda water with a lime! Blueberry vodka is good if you like a little flavor!

Exactly! Except I like an orange wedge in mine instead of lime. :) I personally can't mess around with flavored vodka's though (unless it's the SUPER expensive restaurant infused ones). My headache lasts the entire next day.
  • misskgb
    misskgb Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Vodka+sprite zero+lemon and lime wedges=a naughty limeaid! Mmmmmm!! If you don't want soda or artificial sweetener then just str8 vodka, enjoy!

Also, I've looked up this question before and it said the best bang for your buck as far as calories vs alcohol content, that red wine is best.

Make sure to match your adult beverages with H2O!
  • SalishSea
    SalishSea Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I am planning on drinking lots of red wine tonight. Can't wait! Does red wine have have lots of carbs? Probably. Darn it!
  • MelissR75
    MelissR75 Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    Sadly, alcohol really has no place in a fitness and weight loss programme, for me at least.

To each their own, but in my lifestyle change it's everything in moderation.
    totally agree!
  • LauraCR1990
    LauraCR1990 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    vodka and diet mixers!
  • Becky_Boodle
    Becky_Boodle Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    I like to drink vodka and flavoured water :)
    low cal no sugar plus hydration...how can you go wrong???
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I enjoy craft beers - and as a rule, caloric information is not available for them. So I do an estimation based on the chart on THIS page:

http://www.simplybeer.com/how-many-calories-are-in-my-beer/?wpmp_tp=2

I'll usually use the lower number for hoppy IPAs, and the higher number for sweeter beers like imperial stouts and malty imperial IPAs. It may not be an exact calculation, but I'm close to within plus or minus 10 calories per serving.

NOTE: That chart is for 12-oz pours. So if you are getting a full pint of your favorite brew, be sure to multiply by 4/3.
  • blondejillie
    blondejillie Posts: 305 Member
    Options

Ha ha love it....:drinker:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Bottle of wine (white) =555

Bottle of wine (red) =510

In other words, an entire bottle of wine and all it's yummy warm buzziness is only about the same calories as one large fast food burger. So, I skip the drive thru and head for the wine shop.

1/2 bottle of wine (2 glasses) with dinner adds < 300 calories. I can burn that in 20 min. :drinker:
  • billtonkin
    billtonkin Posts: 109
    Options

In other words, an entire bottle of wine and all it's yummy warm buzziness is only about the same calories as one large fast food burger. So, I skip the drive thru and head for the wine shop.

1/2 bottle of wine (2 glasses) with dinner adds < 300 calories. I can burn that in 20 min. :drinker:

The difference though, is empty calories. Your body can use the carbs, protein, and fat in that burger. A glass of red wine has about 5 carbs. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with drinking, I have some scotch now and then. Just saying not every calorie is equal.
  • _Christine_
    _Christine_ Posts: 1,388 Member
    Options
    So I'm supposed to log my alcohol intake? CRAP!!
  • jessymcl
    jessymcl Posts: 7
    Options
    I usually love a good, dark, lovely beer but when it comes to watching calories, I opt for Mich Ultra.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

The difference though, is empty calories. Your body can use the carbs, protein, and fat in that burger. A glass of red wine has about 5 carbs. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with drinking, I have some scotch now and then. Just saying not every calorie is equal.

My body would be better off without other things in that fast food burger, but I get your point. I can meet all my nurtrient goals and still have calories left over for wine as long as I work out. So unless my doctor says the wine is affecting my health, I'm working those calories in. I like to live well.